Solution required for imbalance in left and right channels of HK6500

Hi,
I recently noticed two problems with regards to my amp HK6500-speaker combo.

1. Channel imbalance: Right speaker is louder than the left speaker. The imbalance remains consistent with increase or decrease in the volume. I tried listen to two different sets of speakers a)Dayton b652 and b) Pyle Home PCB3BK 3-Inch 100-Watt Mini Cube Bookshelf Speakers and the result was consistent

2. Heating up of Left Pyle speaker: I noticed that left speaker, Pyle had gotten heated up and I could smell plastic burning (the body is made of plastic). In case of Dayton b652 there was a sound of kar..kar.. after some time in the left channel.

Having noticed the problem, I have refrained myself from using the amplifier. Can you please suggest what could be the potential problem and the solution? Hope the solution suggested will not affect the sonics.

Could be a case of DC offset, check the DC voltage at left side speaker output of the amplifier using a digital multimeter.

Hi Kanwarji,

I will perform the check and let you know if there is any offset. Assuming that there is a dc offset, would it imply a major glitch? or what could be the probable problem?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back