Some of my dirty P2P works on Veroboard

shaan

Soldering is fun! :eek::lol::eek:hyeah:

Old Class-AB quassi-complementary for 2N3055

old_ab_2.JPG

Pavel Macura's MOSFET Power Follower SE Class-A Source Follower

SS%2520SE%2520follower.JPG

IRF540 Class-AB Little Monster(Excellent Bass)

compact_ab_1.JPG

LM3886 Chipamp

gainclone.JPG

Guitar Preamplifier with Diode Clipping distortion

guitarpre_1.JPG

Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/octave active crossover

lr4_2.JPG

Finished old (and sold) Class-AB amp

bm_machine_2.JPG

2SC5200 quassi-complementary Subwoofer Plate amps

big%2520amp%25201.JPG

Planning...

DSC05492.JPG

ESP P101 Clone(with guessed parts :p)

DSC05536.JPG

HEXFET input experimental SE Class-A amp(2 gain stage)

DSC06643.JPG

ESP Subwoofer Processor (Small but Magical :eek:hyeah: )

DSC06638.JPG

ESP Thermo-Fan controller

DSC06647.JPG

First finished stereo Class-A amp with Capacitance multiplier(sold)

DSC06932.JPG

Zen-type

DSC03107.JPG

SSA Failed Attempt :p

DSC07497.JPG

Micro DOZ :D

DSC09024.jpg

Micro DOZ underside

DSC07229.JPG

DOZ with DC Servo

DSC09280.JPG

DOZ with DC Servo underside

DSC09276.JPG

CMoy 2Watt Cutie Amp

smallstereoguy2.JPG

:)

shaan

Last edited:
Sorry for long loading time... Hope you enjoyed the show.

My humble efforts...

Last edited:
Shaan,

This is truly a great effort. I know what it means to make everything from scratch on a general purpose PCB. Some of them might have worked and some did not. Requires carefully planning of placement of components and wiring unlike just soldering on a ready made PCB. This is truly high end DIY. Kudos to you for your passion on making all of these.

Do you get to enjoy some of the results or you get on to the next project.

Really appreciate your passion.

Cheers.

Most of them looked like Alien Spaceports to me but I can see a lot of effort went into building them...requires skill, patience and loads of passion :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Shaan, I felt happy to see this effort. Generally people are hesitant about this. This is great effort.

I second with soulforged here, Alien Spaceports for me as well, but this post is an appreciation on the DIY effort, I know the feeling of using your own DIY to accomplish a task.

Shaan, please post more pics of the solder side of your work (some of which you
posted earlier on diyaudio).

It is truly inspiring to see p2p on a veroboard taken to an art form level.

those are some real good efforts.
I could not find the boards with decent enough holes here, most of them have such small holes that you need to enlarge quite a few of them

looks like you are using solder wire itself for wiring the underside. any particular reason for that. I have seen people use solder wire but they usually melt it and make it much thicker.

Any tips on taking a schematic and making a layout of it. i tried small projects and the layout very quickly gets out of hands. how do you handle chips that need a largish heatsink. putting them on the edge of the board severly limits the space available for other components and cramps the board.

Shaan, really mind blowing work....I liked the solder side of your works. Please post more images of the solder side. Those are some real art work than just a P2P connection......hats off dude......

Me to a great lover of veroboard and the kind of satisfaction it gives is something we can't express in words. You know i have a habit of looking at my finished work on veroboard for long time just to enjoy my own work and also to find out the mistakes/shortcuts made.

Now i got some real art work from you to look at an enjoy.........

Posting here one of recent work (Pass B1)

Thanks,
Bibin

Truly inspirational Shaan, also lots of hard work gone. Keep it up!
It would be really beneficial to the HifiVi DIY members :), if you can share your secret/approach of arranging the components on the veroboard and the way interconnections are made :D w.r.t the CKT diagram.

cheers,
Vincent

Tremendous effort shaan. You are an electronics artist. :).
I know you have loads of amplifiers. Which are your favourite ?
Thanks for posting and best regards.

Last edited:
Shaan:
I just want to say big Wooooooooooow!
Wonderful, mindblowing work. Soldering is very neat and layout is very well-planned in all of the boards.
Really, its art, nothing less. I know how elated it feels when the circuit works the first time you power it up, after all the hard work.

You all are truly kind guys. Thanks for the encouragement. :signthankspin:
I would like to quote some of the comments...

Looks like you are using solder wire itself for wiring the underside. any particular reason for that. I have seen people use solder wire but they usually melt it and make it much thicker.

I use the wires that are left after cutting off the legs of resistors, diodes, capacitors and LEDs. 100 components = 200 wires! Who needs to buy wires to connect them? :D

Any tips on taking a schematic and making a layout of it. I tried small projects and the layout very quickly gets out of hands. How do you handle chips that need a largish heatsink. Putting them on the edge of the board severly limits the space available for other components and cramps the board.
If you can share your secret/approach of arranging the components on the veroboard and the way interconnections are made.

Mmmm... I usually try to make a "sense" out of the schematic before building. This involves 1: separating different stages of the schematic in mind, 2: Placing the parts as much like they are situated in the schematic as possible and also as close to each other as possible, 3: Starting from power supplies, then the outputs and finish at the input, 4: Always keeping an eye for the (imagined)connections that will be made underside and manipulate the placement of a part or parts to avoid use of jumpers. For me the planning takes at least twice the soldering time. As always, practice makes it gradually better. Hope this helps.

Chips at the edge of board didn't cause any problem with heatsinking. The only thing is that I can not screw the chip right at the middle of the heatsink. And for Class-A none of the power devices are on-board.:D

You know i have a habit of looking at my finished work on veroboard for long time just to enjoy my own work and also to find out the mistakes/shortcuts made.

A very important part of the process. I also do keep scanning the board for long after it has been finished. Beneficial for correcting mistakes and of course enjoyable. Also ensures a working-at-first-time-power-up job.

Loads of amplifiers. Which are your favourite?

Class-A: Death of Zen
Class-AB: SSA

Both CFB.;)

Soldering is very neat...

I would like to note an important point. I have seen many people holding the iron as a screw-driver while soldering, it makes the tip-contact very crude and un-controlled and makes messy joints. Best is to hold it as a pen(well, not on the hot part:lol:). This help reduce the propagation of bodily vibrations much better and results into much better looking/working joints and also saves solder.

I know how elated it feels when the circuit works the first time you power it up, after all the hard work.

Pure bliss...:yahoo:

The most I felt after finishing my sub-processor, diy-life has never been the same since then.

thanks

shaan

I use the wires that are left after cutting off the legs of resistors, diodes, capacitors and LEDs. 100 components = 200 wires! Who needs to buy wires to connect them? :D
shaan
Could'nt agree more. I still have lots of cut leads from old projects lying in a plastic box...as old as 10-15 years!

I would like to note an important point. I have seen many people holding the iron as a screw-driver while soldering, it makes the tip-contact very crude and un-controlled and makes messy joints. Best is to hold it as a pen(well, not on the hot part). This help reduce the propagation of bodily vibrations much better and results into much better looking/working joints and also saves solder.
shaan
Again spot on.

shaan ,

Real beauty of diy, best part you completed most !

how about migrating from verroboard to pcb.

Hi Kaushik, I designed a PCB for the SSA and have plans to do future jobs on PCBs.

But I think veroboard will always be there. As it helps me determine the most compact layout for a given circuit(the planning part).

Some of the "undersides" :)

Guitar Preamp
guitarpre_2.JPG

Parts Done, now the wires...
DSC05519.JPG

The new SSA
DSC00128.JPG

Stereo SE Claas-A HEXFET Amp
DSC03445.JPG

Subwoofer Processor
DSC06639.JPG

LR 24dB/octave Xover
lr4_flip.JPG

:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back