Somebody please! Climb inside my head and identify this DAC!

Thad E Ginathom

I've got bookmarks that go years back ...and bookmarks that I never made, or perhaps don't recognise. I've even looked at this site and googled for reports and reviews, in recent months --- but can I remember the name? No!

This is a range of DACs made by a guy and his family somewhere in America. At first glance you can see that they are not bothered about cosmetics. The appearance is pretty plain, although I might be remembering some wood on the case sides? They are relatively low-cost, made to order, and heavy customisation is offered.

The easiest-to-identify factor is the website itself: it is crap! It looks like it was designed by an 8-yr-old with a make-your-own-site kit --- and it would have been his first attempt too. To anyone who knows this company, this will give it away instantly. What is their name?

Oh, and if anybody does climb inside my head... sorry about the mess :eek:hyeah:

Oh, and if anybody does climb inside my head... sorry about the mess :eek:hyeah:
even if one try to climb ...its all cables one can see as per your signature:D
If you want to taste Schiit:D, i have one with me..make some arrangement to get it there in chennai from Pune. seriously will loan it without any concern..do you know any person who travels between chennai and Pune. Schiit is really good as far as noise levels are concerned and it beats the components which are priced two times than Schiit.
cheers
Dheeraj

Last edited:
(but it's only full of important cables! :lol:)

I don't plan an early move away from my ODAC --- but if we weren't always looking we probably wouldn't be on a forum like this ;). And it was really bugging me that I couldn't find or remember that name. Sometimes its interesting to look at something that seems a little different or offbeat...

Thad, as you said, your description itself clearly pointed to Ross Martin. I was interested in their DAC a long time back and remember reading up on the same. Later on, I came across many customer service issues. Probably, it has got to do with being a one man/family run business.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back