Sonodyne Malhar vs Marshall Woburn Vs Keep the existing stereo setup

Shashant

Hi Folks,

Looking for help in deciding for an active setup.

I have existing setup of Wharfedale 9.2 + Yamaha As 500. I use chromescast + YT music to listen to. I am not an audiophile and trying to keep it simple with an active setup.

I am confused between Malhaar vs Marshall Woburn 2. It is difficult to go and demo both at the same place and moreover not sure listening for few minutes will give me a definitive answer.

I know Actives have come a long way but either of these two shouldn't be a downgrade for me.

People who do have experience with them please share their feedback.

You may reach out to Sonodyne to get the demo of Sonodyne BT speaker. I also got the dealer address from Sonodyne then got demo of Sonodyne Sonus Home theater Speakers.
For me Sonodyne Sounds sweet and nice with my Sonodyne Sonus series HT speaker . Not sure about their BT speakers.

Keep in mind ,Comparing to BT speakers your "Wharfedale 9.2 + Yamaha As 500" setup will sound better anyday.

If your goal is to minimise setup ,
then look for Creative IRoar Go/ BOSE sound touch series (little expensive)..etc.
Marshall also good speaker , but personally i felt BASS is over boosted.
You will get demo of speakers in croma/ Reliance Digital shops easily.

I have existing setup of Wharfedale 9.2 + Yamaha As 500. I use chromescast + YT music to listen to. I am not an audiophile and trying to keep it simple with an active setup.
While the urge to simplify/de-clutter by moving to actives/all-in-ones is understandable, especially in metro households with limited space possibilities (I have been toying with same for a while now), please do realise the nature and extent of step-down in audio quality from your current setup. I have a budget 2.0 system, but when I listened to samples from wifi-streamer based all-in-ones priced even above Rs 3 lac, I felt it a significant step-down I’d have to be ready for (and not just in terms of soundstage, but more importantly for me, in terms of openness and aliveness of sound). BT speakers, if anything, would only be a much larger step-down sounding boxy in comparison.

You may reach out to Sonodyne to get the demo of Sonodyne BT speaker. I also got the dealer address from Sonodyne then got demo of Sonodyne Sonus Home theater Speakers.
For me Sonodyne Sounds sweet and nice with my Sonodyne Sonus series HT speaker . Not sure about their BT speakers.

Keep in mind ,Comparing to BT speakers your "Wharfedale 9.2 + Yamaha As 500" setup will sound better anyday.
Thanks for the reply. Will try to connect with Sonodyne. I also suspect that it may not sound as good as WF 9.2 and Yamaha. Probably will look to change the speakers as these are with me for a long time.

BT speakers, if anything, would only be a much larger step-down sounding boxy in comparison.
Thanks for the reply. I do have Ikea Eneby 30 for my bedroom and honestly it does not sound too inferior to Wharfedale. Honestly I was thinking Sonodyne malhaar with such good specs will be comparable to my current setup. Other option would be to upgrade the speakers but the new ones are obscenely priced these days.

Thanks for the reply. I do have Ikea Eneby 30 for my bedroom and honestly it does not sound too inferior to Wharfedale. Honestly I was thinking Sonodyne malhaar with such good specs will be comparable to my current setup. Other option would be to upgrade the speakers but the new ones are obscenely priced these days.
Actually the Enebys are surprisingly clear sounding speakers for their price. This IKEA product is a left-field alternative to even costlier BY speakers. But don’t you find a difference in bass as compared to the 6.5 inchers on 9.2?

P.S. I do recollect having read/seen video that suggested the Enebys can be combined into 2.0 operation.

Sonodyne produces some very audio products. What I got to know about Sonodyne Malhar Series from online reviews is that these are very good powered speakers but may be lacking some latest modern features. Further, idle power consumption is bit higher in these speakers.

If you wait till 28 March, 2023 you may try your hands on Sonos Era 300 which is the new upcoming bookshelf speaker from Sonos. I am pretty excited.

Thanks for the reply. Will try to connect with Sonodyne. I also suspect that it may not sound as good as WF 9.2 and Yamaha. Probably will look to change the speakers as these are with me for a long time.
As per the chat with Sonodyne CC , it's not available for Demo in Delhi. I think Amazon provides full refund if u one is not satisfied with the product. Thought it will help . Attached below the chat screenshot. The number below also u can use to contact Sonodyne.

Attached
sonodyne-chat.png

Actually the Enebys are surprisingly clear sounding speakers for their price. This IKEA product is a left-field alternative to even costlier BY speakers. But don’t you find a difference in bass as compared to the 6.5 inchers on 9.2?
I set them up side by side today.. Definitely 9.2 bass is better, but when you move to bedroom setup 12x 12 then Eneby bass stands out on its own. Nice speaker given the price.

As per the chat with Sonodyne CC , it's not available for Demo in Delhi. I think Amazon provides full refund if u one is not satisfied with the product. Thought it will help . Attached below the chat screenshot. The number below also u can use to contact Sonodyne.
Thanks for following up with Sonodyne. Amazon only gives 7 days replacement.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back