Sonodyne SM100AK

Dr.Bass

Dear Friends,
The other day I was just walking around in a mall in Bangalore which also houses a Sonodyne listening room;) and I took brief listen to this rather bland looking speaker in their shop. It did put a smile on my face. I was like...finally, Sonodyne has put out something really nice after a long time !!! These are active monitors and are price at around 30k. I found them very musical and true sounding in general (read less coloured). It was surprisingly laidback and smooth for a Studio Monitor (which are rather considered in your face and analytical). Please do give them a serious listen if you are in that budget. They will definitely give you a very good start to hifi.

regards

Nice to hear something positive about a Sonodyne product after a while. Forum mall is not a difficult place to reach, Bangalore members can check it out and see if its a worthy alternative to the Audioengines.

I have heard Audioengines....I think they are just a better computer speaker not serious hifi. This one on the other hand is hifi...in fact a pretty serious one at that.
Studio > SM Series

The SM 100AK seems to sell for nearly 72,000 a pair in Europe. I don't know what they are selling it for in India.

Cheers

Price needs to be confirmed. I have heard the model which costs 30k in India.
If at all I am wrong then it could be the SM50.

Dear Friends,
The other day I was just walking around in a mall in Bangalore which also houses a Sonodyne listening room;) and I took brief listen to this rather bland looking speaker in their shop. It did put a smile on my face. I was like...finally, Sonodyne has put out something really nice after a long time !!! These are active monitors and are price at around 30k. I found them very musical and true sounding in general (read less coloured). It was surprisingly laidback and smooth for a Studio Monitor (which are rather considered in your face and analytical). Please do give them a serious listen if you are in that budget. They will definitely give you a very good start to hifi.

regards

hie....
I am planning to buy a pair of speakers for my a/v receiver which is technics SA-R 177...which is 80 watts per channel at 4-8 ohms....
my budget is 10-15k...
and I know i couldn't get any of imported brand in this budget...
so planning for Indian brands sonodyne , woodstock...etc
ANY SUGGESTIONS please...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back