SONODYNE SONUS 2605 V3 VS Pioneer SP-FS52-LR

noblejose

I've to decide between:
1) SONODYNE SONUS 2605 V3 floor stander + their center
2) Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones floor stander + Pioneer SP-C22 Center

What I have:
1) Onkyo entry level HT-S3400 (HT-R390 AVR) - I'll upgrade this to a better quality Denon / Yamaha AVR later; say next year or so. Currently I'll be using these speakers with this ONKYO.
2) Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers (pair) - currntly they are the front channels, will be moved to surrounds once I get floor standers.
3) Blu ray Player: Samsung BD-H6500
3) TV: Samsung 48H6400
4) Default Onkyo Centre channel and sub woofer

I hope both the above mentioned floor standers + centre will come around 30K budget. SONODYNE SONUS 2605 V3 floor stander + their center; MRP is around 42 but heard they give 26% (yes 26%) discount on Republic Day! which one will be better? :confused: I'm planning to keep my BS-22 for Surrounds in both situation. and will be using Onkyo supplied Sub woofer until my AVR upgrade.

Please let me know your thoughts / suggestions.

I would suggest you to wait and save up more as you wont feel the significant difference in performance. Add to that, I doubt whether 2605 will be comfortably driven by your existing AVR. Why dont you take your avr for audition? and check whether its really worth to splurge out.

Btw, 2605 is a segment above the andrew jones I guess so should perform better.

I've to decide between:
1) SONODYNE SONUS 2605 V3 floor stander + their center
2) Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones floor stander + Pioneer SP-C22 Center

What I have:
1) Onkyo entry level HT-S3400 (HT-R390 AVR) - I'll upgrade this to a better quality Denon / Yamaha AVR later; say next year or so. Currently I'll be using these speakers with this ONKYO.
2) Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers (pair) - currntly they are the front channels, will be moved to surrounds once I get floor standers.
3) Blu ray Player: Samsung BD-H6500
3) TV: Samsung 48H6400
4) Default Onkyo Centre channel and sub woofer

I hope both the above mentioned floor standers + centre will come around 30K budget. SONODYNE SONUS 2605 V3 floor stander + their center; MRP is around 42 but heard they give 26% (yes 26%) discount on Republic Day! which one will be better? :confused: I'm planning to keep my BS-22 for Surrounds in both situation. and will be using Onkyo supplied Sub woofer until my AVR upgrade.

Please let me know your thoughts / suggestions.

Take time, listen to both and see what you like and afford in your budget....

Upgrading to better quality Denon/ Yamaha.. Don't you like Onkyo.. Juz kidding...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back