Sonodyne Sonus Vs Paradigm CT100

sacvaz

Hi all,

I recently joined this forum. I am planning to build 5.1 home theater. I am getting confused between Sonodyne Sonus Vs Paradigm CT100.

My use will be 40% Music 40% Movies and 20% Gaming/DTH. I have auditioned both and I am inclined more towards Sonodyne Sonus. I have a friend who deals in Paradigm product and insists that it is much superior to Sonodyne (Its not because he does not have Sonodyne). Does anyone have a chance to do comparison between these 2?

I am planning to by Denon S700 W from US.

Sonodyne costs ~ 80K
Paradigm CT100 ~ 65K
Room size is 10*12 ft

I auditioned sonodyne at Melody Pro audio in Pune and Paradigm at my friend's showroom. If anyone knows who deals in these 2 brands in Pune please let me know.

Sonodyne configuration:
Sonus 2605 V3
Sonus 1501 V3
Sonus R-ears V3
Sonus C2501

Hi,

You need to decide what appeals to you...hope you did the test / demo using your kind of music and movies...you need to check for easy spares / replaceable or after sales service...

The looks, performance and stability counts and so since both appeal to you...check the specs and see who is a winner...check spl levels which should be higher side...the more...the better...check which of these speaker systems perform more frequency range between 20hz - 25khz.

Thumb rule...bigger the drivers (cones of the speakers) better sound displacement for the room....all the best

Paradigm CT100 is a satellite based speaker system which suits movies... Since you have a req of 50:50 a Book Shelf speaker is better choice considering room dimension of 10 x 12 ft...

If you have already heard Sonodyne & don't find a dealer in your city, you can consider hifimart.com... I recently bought my Sonus 1501 BS from them...

Build a BS based HT system... You may consider 7.1 too :eek:hyeah:

Thanks efernand1 and elangoas. Sonodyne Sonus V3 if FS. I really liked the sound of Sonus over paradigm. I will search for after sales service on both the products and will decide.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back