Sonodyne Subwoofer

rohet.ramesh

Hi!!

Have been with Sonodyne since 1995. Really happy with product. I am looking for adding subwoofer to the existing 3 channel system.

Anyone who has got the experience of owning Sonodyne subwoofer. Please share and advice.

Regards

Hi!!

Have been with Sonodyne since 1995. Really happy with product. I am looking for adding subwoofer to the existing 3 channel system.

Anyone who has got the experience of owning Sonodyne subwoofer. Please share and advice.

Regards

My brother owns Sonodyne Studio series SLF 210 subwoofer for a very long time and happy with it.. I too have owned Sonodyne speakers (Sonus range of speakers) for sometime..

What is your budget for subwoofer & which Sonodyne Subwoofer are you considering ?

Hi!!

Regards
I am using sonodyne sub-1010 for 5.1 setup. Its great for the price.

I am planning to pick the SLF 1012 for the existing setup. I have the Sonos 306 A with CENTER speaker avant lcr 250. I am also planning to add these in future.
1) Surrounds - Sonus 3155
2) Overheads - Sonus 3540 (2 Pairs)
My other query is does it make any sense adding one more subwoofer apart from one I am picking up now.

My brother owns Sonodyne Studio series SLF 210 subwoofer for a very long time and happy with it.. I too have owned Sonodyne speakers (Sonus range of speakers) for sometime..

What is your budget for subwoofer & which Sonodyne Subwoofer are you considering ?
I am planning to pick the SLF 1012 for the existing setup. I have the Sonos 306 A with CENTER speaker avant lcr 250. I am also planning to add these in future.
My other query is does it make any sense adding one more subwoofer apart from one I am picking up now.

If you have the budget and space you can add one more sub...provided your AVR has one more subwoofer out port.....offlate a lot have been adding 2 subs in their HT setups for better smooth bass etc......some AVRs have the provision to set LFE for each sub differently......

If you are happy with one sub then no need to add....all depends on what you want to hear

Yes.. Buy two of them if you can, so you have identical subwoofers.. (or) it is also fine to add an other identical sub later.. Whichever options works for you..

Have you bought the SLF sub.
Could you post your feed back on it.
Also would like to know the difference between the SLF 312 & sub 1012.

Hi!!

Regards

Hi,
I am thinking of buying Sonodyne Prime H14 with Sonus 3165, 3360, Roar1210, 3260 (instead of the dipoles 3440), and sub1010. Seeing their specifications it seems that they will sound good, though I haven't auditioned them and compared with Elac or others. Sonodyne recommends 100 ~ 150 W per channel amplifier for PrimeH14.

Along with this, I am thinking of Yamaha RXV685 or Denon x2600h AVRs.

Yamaha RXV685 has a rated output power of 90W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power =125W /channel in 8 ohms
whereas
Denon x2600h AVRs has 95W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power is not given.

1. Will these AVRs could drive the speakers properly? Or I should consider AVRs with higher RMS W/channel?

2. Are these speakers good like SVS, Warfedele, Klipsch, Elac, B&W etc.?

Thanks and regards,
Som

Hi,
I am thinking of buying Sonodyne Prime H14 with Sonus 3165, 3360, Roar1210, 3260 (instead of the dipoles 3440), and sub1010. Seeing their specifications it seems that they will sound good, though I haven't auditioned them and compared with Elac or others. Sonodyne recommends 100 ~ 150 W per channel amplifier for PrimeH14.

Along with this, I am thinking of Yamaha RXV685 or Denon x2600h AVRs.

Yamaha RXV685 has a rated output power of 90W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power =125W /channel in 8 ohms
whereas
Denon x2600h AVRs has 95W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power is not given.

1. Will these AVRs could drive the speakers properly? Or I should consider AVRs with higher RMS W/channel?

2. Are these speakers good like SVS, Warfedele, Klipsch, Elac, B&W etc.?

Thanks and regards,
Som

As audio is subjective, you need to have auditions before deciding.
Get in touch with Auditro(Park Street) - one of the very few Sonodyne dealers in India and probably the only one in Kolkata. He has some stuff for audition. Moreover, he also has the other brands you have mentioned(plus Dali, Morel, Taga) available for audition except Wharfadale.

As audio is subjective, you need to have auditions before deciding.
Get in touch with Auditro(Park Street) - one of the very few Sonodyne dealers in India and probably the only one in Kolkata. He has some stuff for audition. Moreover, he also has the other brands you have mentioned(plus Dali, Morel, Taga) available for audition except Wharfadale.
Barun-da, Thank you, it will be great if you can scrutinize whether Yamaha RXV685 (90rmsW/C-8onhm 2channel) and Denon x2600h AVRs (95rmsW/C-8onhm 2channel) will be able to drive these 7 speakers. Sonodyne's recommends 100 ~ 150 W per channel amplifier. If not plz suggest AVR.

Barun-da, Thank you, it will be great if you can scrutinize whether Yamaha RXV685 (90rmsW/C-8onhm 2channel) and Denon x2600h AVRs (95rmsW/C-8onhm 2channel) will be able to drive these 7 speakers. Sonodyne's recommends 100 ~ 150 W per channel amplifier. If not plz suggest AVR.

You can start a seperate thread with your requirements. This thread should not be hijacked! ;)

Having said that, I'd suggest the Yamaha RXV685 for having the option to add more power if you feel. And the musicality of Yamaha is slightly better than Denon. But, if your primary requirement is to watch movies, then Denon is preferred. Don't worry too much about the per channel wattage. In this very forum, there are many users who are happily driving demanding systems with x2600h/RXV685. And if you want to splurge, then sky is the limit in this hobby! :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back