Sony 32 R422 Ownership thread

van

Hi All,

I bought a Sony 32 R422 LED-LCD TV for this Diwali....cost me 31k

thought of starting a ownership thread...

the set has run in for 24 hrs...(have Hathway SD connection)
1. PQ -- pretty good for most of SD channels
2. Sound - pretty good for this size of the TV (had compared with LG/Samsung during audition)
3. Features -- simple/adequate

Let me know if you need any clarification on this TV.

Regards,
V

Thanks for setting up thread for this model. I am also planning to buy this TV.

Could you please share from where did you buy it in Bangalore?

Howz the picture quality in HD?

Did you get instalation done by Sony technician or dealer? How much time did they take for delivery / instalation after purchasing the TV?

got it from Girias...

the PQ is wonderfull...(depends on the channels...E.g., few regional channels are not good unless..viewing from >6ft..)

HD channels look fantastic...sony does a great job on PQ and the + thing that made me decide for a sony was the sound clarity (@ lower volume levels)...

i compared it wth other similar size models...samsung F4 series had the worst sound, LG, phillips, onida, panny...i personally felt sony sound was much better...
(the W series models...has much better sound clarity...than the R422)

one thing you might want to check out...personally.... is the viewing from the angle...i found that though it says 178deg viewing angle...it is much less...(but when compared to the other lower end model of sony...it is much much better...)

installation was done by myself...did not wall mount it...the sony technician called up and said if wall mount is needed then call up...

delivery: i hand carried it from the shop to home...it is so light...~4kg...:)

Thanks for your reply, Van. A couple of additional points to get your inputs.

Were you able to check hours used for by the panel? I heard a lot of people taking in this forum about panel usages and how to check to rule out possibility of getting the display piece.

Also, what was the initial price quoted by Girias? Trying to see is there any possibility to negotiate on pricing as online we could get this TV at a cheaper rate. Today at Snapdeal it is listed at Rs 30206. I know local dealers cant match the online pricing but whatever we can save by negotiation that is always a plus because I dont want to purchase online; though, they are also giving manufacture warranty.

Thanks for your reply, Van. A couple of additional points to get your inputs.

Were you able to check hours used for by the panel? I heard a lot of people taking in this forum about panel usages and how to check to rule out possibility of getting the display piece.

Also, what was the initial price quoted by Girias? Trying to see is there any possibility to negotiate on pricing as online we could get this TV at a cheaper rate. Today at Snapdeal it is listed at Rs 30206. I know local dealers cant match the online pricing but whatever we can save by negotiation that is always a plus because I dont want to purchase online; though, they are also giving manufacture warranty.

I purchased the same model 2 months back for Rs.30900/- at Vijay Sales Pune. Very nice model. I selected this model perticularly for its ARC & MHL feature, as I use it with my Marantz NR1402 AVR.

It is always better to get TV from local dealer if the price difference is very small, as you get installation (wall mounting + demo etc.) done free.

no buddy...did not check the panel usage...the box was very much new & sealed...it was opened up in front of me...

Online price they wont match...i would suggest dont even mention the online price...
just try to negotiate...but usually most of the shop guys are tight on sony products pricing...other brands...~5% to ~10% bargaining can be done...

personally...i would not recomend for buying a TV online...

check out various stores...you might get better deal than what i got...

good luck with your shopping...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back