Sony 32W600 or panny l32E6D or...???

sanchits

Ok, since I didn't get an answer in another thread, which was perfectly apt for this query of mine, but it seems it went unnoticed.
Therefore I am opening a brand new thread....so that we can discuss it here.

Ok, I have almost finalized the Sony 32w600 over the 32w650/670. Now, I believe the only difference between these is that former comes with a WXGA panel n the latter with a FHD panel.
I dont want to go FHD due to these reasons:-

Firstly, price factor, there is considerably difference n I am already stretching my budget with this model.
Secondly, I have a SD DTH connection and I have no plans to go for a HD anytime soon. Atleast not for another yr or two.
Occasionally, I watch BR movies..mostly downloaded ones which are in 720p n do gaming on my ps3 which again most games are in 720p.
Lastly, I don't think a 32" warrants a FHD panel...if one can save some money. Yes, if there the difference was a mere 1/2k I would've gone fr the FHD model, but AFAIK it's quite a bit more. Instead I can use that 2k to get extended warranty.

Now, I am keen on the Sony w600 series because, one it has the new x reality pro engine which is pretty high end AFAIK.
Two, Sony also has an option of 2 yrs extended warranty.
Three, I have gone through some reviews the panel in these series is tab bit better then the equivalent Samsung 5500 series.
Though most of the reviews are of the 650/670 models n none for the w600 version with WXGA panel.

Therefore, I also have a question...Is there any other difference in terms of PQ n not features, between w650 n w600 apart form one being FHD n the other WXGA ?

Though I had also considered the lower r422 model frm Sony too, but unsure about its PQ n HD performance ? Couldnt get any reviews online too. So can anyone comment on the lower r422 model without the x reality engine, any feedback ?

If any TV guru here can suggest any other 32" led which is as good as the sony w600 n Is cheaper n comes with a 3 yr warranty option. I am open to other brands too.

But, If other options carry only a 1 yr warranty, I would rather buy from the grey market, the only thing keeping me away from it is Sony's 3 yr warranty option.

Ok, I have now also found out about another great tv from Panasonic L32E6D or L32E6B in other markets.

Now this tv has got loads of rave reviews from various online mags like whathifi etc.
Here is the international link to this tv n. one can see the reviews in the awards section.
VIERA Flat Screen TV - Smart VIERA LED TV - TX-L32E6B - Awards & Test Results - Panasonic UK & Ireland

Now, this tv is fully loaded, FHD, in bult wifi n smart tv. If one goes with the reviews it's a brilliant tv n internationally is VFM too.

Now. If this tv along with 3 yr warranty is priced considerably lower than the Sony w600, I might go for this over Sony...what say ?

But, have no idea abt it's price...n how would this be in terms of purely it's PQ over Sony ?

what do u think...would this be priced lower than Sony. Even if it's priced in the same ballpark as Sony, do you think it's worth going for over Sony ?

Any panny led owners can share their experience would be appreciated. I am a sucker for PQ over everything else n with panny I am also getting everything else...it's loaded actually.

Pls advice TV gurus n help me decide between these 2.

I bought Panny L32e5d smart tv(2012 model) in october last year for rs.38500 and using it along with my reliance bigtv sd dth.one of the best vfm led in the market.till date it runs perfectly with no issues.picture quality is superb,sound quality is okay.but smart tv features are just rubbish, not only in panny but in any other company so don't take into consideration.the best thing you can do is take a demo and compare it side by side with sony model you mentioned and then decide.
Good Luck.:)

I bought Panny L32e5d smart tv(2012 model) in october last year for rs.38500 and using it along with my reliance bigtv sd dth.one of the best vfm led in the market.till date it runs perfectly with no issues.picture quality is superb,sound quality is okay.but smart tv features are just rubbish, not only in panny but in any other company so don't take into consideration.the best thing you can do is take a demo and compare it side by side with sony model you mentioned and then decide.
Good Luck.:)

Well...if the new 2013 model is priced in the same ball park, then it's out of the equation.
FYI, this years model is a considerable upgrade to the one you have. I dont know if u have gone through the reviews in the link I posted. Actually it's got 5 out 5 stars by whathifi which include praises for even the smart/apps part. This time it also includes built in wifi, which is great.

But, I. Am not allured by the smart tv part, but want to know how it fares against the new Sony W6 series led in terms of PQ in HD/SD both n which is superior in terms of panel n image processor.
Cause if in terms of PQ it is at ar with Sony n prices in the same ball park n has a 3 yr warranty option, then I am game.
Cause then panny would give me FHD panel over wxga(Sony) n built in wifi which is definitely useful n smart features.
All the reviews are favourable too...infect very favourable.

I just hope it costs under 35...cause that's my budget. If not, then will wait for Diwali.

Well...if the new 2013 model is priced in the same ball park, then it's out of the equation.
FYI, this years model is a considerable upgrade to the one you have. I dont know if u have gone through the reviews in the link I posted. Actually it's got 5 out 5 stars by whathifi which include praises for even the smart/apps part. This time it also includes built in wifi, which is great.

But, I. Am not allured by the smart tv part, but want to know how it fares against the new Sony W6 series led in terms of PQ in HD/SD both n which is superior in terms of panel n image processor.
Cause if in terms of PQ it is at ar with Sony n prices in the same ball park n has a 3 yr warranty option, then I am game.
Cause then panny would give me FHD panel over wxga(Sony) n built in wifi which is definitely useful n smart features.
All the reviews are favourable too...infect very favourable.

I just hope it costs under 35...cause that's my budget. If not, then will wait for Diwali.

Panasonic TH L32E6D is available for Rs. 37710 on shopclues. Anybody aware of lower prices than this ? I am also interested in buying this :)

well...I am still very confused between these two tvs...though I have some time but I want to be sure to go for the right one.
Now, Ive found out that both these tvs are in similar price bracket Arnd 35-36k and both have got stellar reviews all over the net like highly recommended, 5 out 5 stars or 9out of 10 stars etc.
Though the reviews are not for Sony w600 but are for the FHD version 650/670,which are completely out of budget n overpriced for what they offer.

Ok, now coming to the main differences between these :-
PANA vs SONY
FHD vs HD ready
Wifi built in vs no wifi (separate buy)
100 hz vs 200 hz
IPS panel vs ??? I know Sony has a different panel ( don't know which Is superior)
3 yrs warranty vs 1 yr ( extra 2k fr extended warranty)

Now, in terms of sheer features...panasonic takes the win and as usual Sony is overpriced for what it offers.
The only thing pulling me towards sony is its 200 hz panel n might have a better PQ(not sure) due to superior panel...though not sure but according to reviews its black levels are far more impressive even then the w800 series.
But I am unsure if w600 and w650/670 have the same panels as the former being HD ready.
So guys, please help me solve this dillemma....thanks. I am in lined towards Panasonic btw.
I m into gaming (ps3/ps4) n would be watching bluray but DTH is SD n no plans to go HD anytime soon.

i had bought w600 last month for 36k

w600 has ips panel

for internet u can connect ethernet cable from your router

watching hd channels for hd dth stb is a treat do not miss on getting hd box

hd mkv movies through usb work and are delight to watch

the 200hz is great reduces motion blur

great buy go for it

E6 is awarded 5 stars for its excellent picture performance and value by whathifi.
No need to think twice regarding this tv.
A stunner.

For gaming its a no brainier the 2013 Sony's have the lowest input lag of any flat panel televisions to date.

well...I am still very confused between these two tvs...though I have some time but I want to be sure to go for the right one.
Now, Ive found out that both these tvs are in similar price bracket Arnd 35-36k and both have got stellar reviews all over the net like highly recommended, 5 out 5 stars or 9out of 10 stars etc.
Though the reviews are not for Sony w600 but are for the FHD version 650/670,which are completely out of budget n overpriced for what they offer.

Ok, now coming to the main differences between these :-
PANA vs SONY
FHD vs HD ready
Wifi built in vs no wifi (separate buy)
100 hz vs 200 hz
IPS panel vs ??? I know Sony has a different panel ( don't know which Is superior)
3 yrs warranty vs 1 yr ( extra 2k fr extended warranty)

Now, in terms of sheer features...panasonic takes the win and as usual Sony is overpriced for what it offers.
The only thing pulling me towards sony is its 200 hz panel n might have a better PQ(not sure) due to superior panel...though not sure but according to reviews its black levels are far more impressive even then the w800 series.
But I am unsure if w600 and w650/670 have the same panels as the former being HD ready.
So guys, please help me solve this dillemma....thanks. I am in lined towards Panasonic btw.
I m into gaming (ps3/ps4) n would be watching bluray but DTH is SD n no plans to go HD anytime soon.
Hi Sanchits,
Are u sure that sony w600 has 200hz panel. Check the spec and see it is mentioned that w600 is equipped with Motionpro XR200 hz. Motionpro is a combination of so many things like panel rate, intermediate blank dummy screens and predictive frames. So Motionpro 200 is 200 hz equivalent and panel drive may be 100 hz only. These are all marketing gimmick. Compare both the tvs side by side and take a call

Hi Sanchits,
Are u sure that sony w600 has 200hz panel. Check the spec and see it is mentioned that w600 is equipped with Motionpro XR200 hz. Motionpro is a combination of so many things like panel rate, intermediate blank dummy screens and predictive frames. So Motionpro 200 is 200 hz equivalent and panel drive may be 100 hz only. These are all marketing gimmick. Compare both the tvs side by side and take a call

Yes. The motion processing rate is different than the actual native panel refresh rate. This is usually a general point of confusion.

good info,Yes. The motion processing rate is different than the actual native panel refresh rate.
otcC

E6 is awarded 5 stars for its excellent picture performance and value by whathifi.
No need to think twice regarding this tv.
A stunner.

Yes, exactly...not only what hifi...loads of other online reviews are of the same opinion. They have praises not only of its PQ but also it's smart tv features n interface n price.
For me the reviews n the 3 yrs Panasonic warranty truly makes it an attractive buy.
For gaming its a no brainier the 2013 Sony's have the lowest input lag of any flat panel televisions to date.

Well, now u have confused me further....yes, gaming is very important for me...so lesser the input lag...the better. But, I wanna know how much worse is panny in this dept. I mean is the difference enough to make out with naked eye while playing ?
None, of the reviews have mentioned any issue with its input lag...or it's too much for gaming.
Hi Sanchits,

Yes, I think you maybe right...but how to find even if panny has a 100hz panel drive or this too has one of those mkt. gimmick thingy ?

So if both are 100hz...then it's good news fr me...one less difference to worry about...n panny chances are getting better.

If both tvs have IPS panels...another difference scratched out, AFAIK...Sony had one of those VA panels which are superior.

But, i see from y'all comments...both are strong competitors but panny is more bang for your buck....but no one is truly a winner yet.
Hmm, Ive shortlisted some good competitiors...let's see what deal I get with either of these during the festive season n then decide.
Though I have almost made my mind for the panny...as its got too many things in favour of it.
I don't understand why Sony W600 is so damn pricey for what it offers ? I mean it's not even FHD n doesnt have any special feature worth mentioning off other then of course it's x reality engine n great PQ.
But, is its PQ that much better then the panny, that it deserves the premium being asked ?

But, I wish panny E6 comes out in a black colour, it's only in silver n it doesn't go with the rest of the equipment including my black cabinet n everything else black like the ps3 or my future ps4.

i had bought w600 last month for 36k

w600 has ips panel

for internet u can connect ethernet cable from your router

watching hd channels for hd dth stb is a treat do not miss on getting hd box

hd mkv movies through usb work and are delight to watch

the 200hz is great reduces motion blur

great buy go for it

Congrats, but how is SD channel PQ, cause I have no plans to go HD anytime soon...waiting for more HD channels to show up to truly make it worth it.

Did u compare it to other tvs or u had your mind set on the w600 only ? Did u check out the panny E6d ?
Did u go for the extended 2 yr warranty ?

I mean, I think 36k is too much this tv, which doesn't even have a FHD panel ?
Btw, how much was the FHD model w650 ?

Congrats, but how is SD channel PQ, cause I have no plans to go HD anytime soon...waiting for more HD channels to show up to truly make it worth it.

Did u compare it to other tvs or u had your mind set on the w600 only ? Did u check out the panny E6d ?
Did u go for the extended 2 yr warranty ?

I mean, I think 36k is too much this tv, which doesn't even have a FHD panel ?
Btw, how much was the FHD model w650 ?

the sd channels quality is ok but the hd channels with dolby digital plus sound are awesome

i compared it with a whole lot of led tvs

yes bought the 2 year extended warranty also for 2k

IMO for 32 inch tv 720p or 1080p do not matter too much plus i have 720 p movies and stuff which play great via usb

w650 was 40k and w670(built in wifi) was 42k

Hi Sanchits,

Hi...well...neither does Sony have 200hz panel but I thinks neither panny has a 100hz panel.
I went through lots of articles, n from that I've been able to make out that panny is a standard 50hz panel as the 100 hz is black light blinking rate n not the panel refresh rate. So, I believe it's not even a 100 hz panel....now I don't mow how would this affect my gaming or fast moving motion.

Now, coming to Sony...I m sure that it's not a 200hz panel refresh rate...it's that backlight thingy but I m unsure whether the panel is 50hz or 100hz.
Since I read on some link that Sony 240 hz Or 400 etc all mean 120hz panel refresh rate. Here it's 200hz...so unsure weather it's again a standard panel like panasonic or it truly is atleast 100hz.

Though I am not concerned about nos, but I just want to know weather this thing would have an effect on gaming as everything looks perfect on a 50hz panel too.

Therefore, the panel drive of panny is definitely the standard 50/60hz but Sony it could be 100hz.
So I am again confused...is going for a 100hz panel n paying a premium for Sony that much better over a FHD panel n built in wifi n 3 yrs warranty but a standard non 100hz panel ?

Anyone here using panny e6d...either 32 or 42 ? User feedback would be great.

Last edited:
the sd channels quality is ok but the hd channels with dolby digital plus sound are awesome

i compared it with a whole lot of led tvs

yes bought the 2 year extended warranty also for 2k

IMO for 32 inch tv 720p or 1080p do not matter too much plus i have 720 p movies and stuff which play great via usb

w650 was 40k and w670(built in wifi) was 42k

Well...that extended warranty is worth every penny n more. But, same cant be said about Sony LEDs, I mean 42k for the w670 is waay too high for a medium end series led tv.
I agree that 720p or FHD doesn't really matter on a 32" screen, I too own a 720p led only but for a 720p standard panel with no extra features even 36k+warranty = 38k is waay to high compared to an equivalent Samsung n specially the panny e6d which has also got stellar reviews everywhere for its PQ n is FHD panel n has a built in wifi n 3 yrs std warranty n m sure wil cost wee bit less then the w600.

If I do go for the w600...there has to Be something really spectacular about its PQ over panny, otherwise panny all the way.

Btw, see if u can find out the actual panel refresh rate/panel drive....is it 100hz or not ?
I am not talking about the 200hz motion rate, that is nothing just mkt. gimmick, even the tvs which say 400 or 600hz CMR have the same actual panel refresh rate.

Always better to go for fhd. Since the size is less, the upscaled sd picture too would be very good.
As all the hd broadcasts have 1080i, one wouldn't want his 720p set to lose the resolution and use algorithms to cut it down to 720p.
A one to one mapping of pixels is always the best.

Well...that extended warranty is worth every penny n more. But, same cant be said about Sony LEDs, I mean 42k for the w670 is waay too high for a medium end series led tv.
I agree that 720p or FHD doesn't really matter on a 32" screen, I too own a 720p led only but for a 720p standard panel with no extra features even 36k+warranty = 38k is waay to high compared to an equivalent Samsung n specially the panny e6d which has also got stellar reviews everywhere for its PQ n is FHD panel n has a built in wifi n 3 yrs std warranty n m sure wil cost wee bit less then the w600.

If I do go for the w600...there has to Be something really spectacular about its PQ over panny, otherwise panny all the way.

Btw, see if u can find out the actual panel refresh rate/panel drive....is it 100hz or not ?
I am not talking about the 200hz motion rate, that is nothing just mkt. gimmick, even the tvs which say 400 or 600hz CMR have the same actual panel refresh rate.

well i do not know about the 100hz panel

but i think the motion blur is lesser as compared with 50 hz

there is a idea 3g offer also with the led tv and the extended warranty price have been increased to 2500 from 1 sept as well ........

I think it is useless for us to run after higher refresh rates in LED. While a higher refresh rate ensure a smooth judder-free image, it is also true that the higher refresh rate in LED can lead to a phenomenon called SOAP OPERA EFFECT which makes an 23.997 fps movie look like a cheap daily soap.
That's why videophile across the world prefer Plasma over LED for the smoothest and most natural image.

Ok guys, confusion clear...both these tvs don't have 100hz panel...both are your standard 50/60hz panel drive.
Panny's 100hz means black light blinking rate, but it doesn't have any motion interpolation thingy which others like Sony or Samsung or lg has.
So essentially panny is not using this mkt term/gimmick.

Now, coming to Sony it has this motion interpolation thingy which can be switched on n off. By switching it on, it does decrease motion blur, but it induces far more issues like less luminance, flickering on brighter areas n ghosting rendering the 200hz motion thingy useless.

So essentially sony's clear motion rate or Lgs true motion etc...are all BS n useless. Only if the actual underlying panel refresh rate is 100hz or 200hz makes a difference.

So all the Sony w6 user...feeling happy they've got a 100hz or a 200hz panel...don't be, u too have a standard 60hz panel n I would advice you to switch this option of motion off as it brings about more issues than it's advantage.

But, yes sony w650/670 has one big advantage over panny e6d...it's VA panel over the panny's IPS.
Sony's latest VA panels on these models have the most impressive black levels matching the high end Sony w9 series n Samsungs high end 7000/8000 series LEDs.
Essentially black levels are as good as it gets on this tv n for a mid range tv the PQ matches the top end led tvs...that's something..no.
Even it's backlight uniformity is Brilliant for a edge lit LED, panny's close but not as good.

But, the video processing in both sony w6 series or panny's E6d are brilliant no one is superior. Infanct SD upscaling is far better in panasonic compared to the Sony w6 series.

So, now it boils down to only one major difference, the panel. That too if the w600 has the same VA panel as the 650/670...which I am unsure, cause w600 being 720p might have a cheaper VA panel n not the latest one or an IPS...can anyone confirm this ?

Cause while I was going through the reviews...panny 32" E6d has an IPS panel but it's 42" version has a VA panel n has better PQ due to it's black levels. Infanct the reviews say that the midrange panny 42e6d has better PQ compared to its higher end LEDs cause all of em have IPS panels.

Therefore, I am not sure if Sony has kept the Same panels for all it's w6 series tv...can anyone confirm this, does Sony 32w600/650/670 all have VA panels ?
It would be really helpful....thanks

Though, in the end...it all depends on what my eyes can see n of I am able to make out any difference in black levels during comparison in flesh.
Actually, I hope I don't find any difference in black levels n hope to see panny's black levels to be as good as I really wanna go for the panny due to its features n vfm factor.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back