Who Win Value for Money and Excellent PQ

• SONY 46HX850

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • SONY 46EX650

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Velmurugan

I had SONY BDP-S580 Bluray Player and 26BX300 LCD TV...Now i want to upgrade to best SONY LED TV...My Budget is Maximum 1.2Lakh...Expecting only a)Excellent PQ on bright and dark room for HD & SD source and b)good life time..Please advise me, which is worth SONY 46HX850 vs 46EX650 in terms of VFM...:)

Since you want excellent PQ in dark and bright room and since 46hx850 fits perfectly within your budget, you should go for 46hx850.

EX650 is a low end model without 3d but it still has decent picture quality in its price range. It will cost you around 75-80k while HX850 is a top end model [ below the HX950 and Hx929] which offers stunning black levels and outstandingly vivid picture.

So if you can afford it, which you can looking at your budget you should go for the 46HX850. It will cost you around 1.2 Lakh rupees and will fit in to your budget.

Purely in terms of value for money, by that i mean the best compromise between price and picture quality EX650 is the most value for money TV in the Sony range but it is a non 3d model.

Last edited:
VFM is a difficult term and changes with every individual.

Let us assume that we are in the market for an apartment. Some want maximum area while some want to live in premium locality (maybe smaller area) for the same price. Extending the argument to cars, some would prefer no-frills/high economy/low maintenance cars while others may choose better features/looks/style, etc.

Coming to your requirements, since you have the budget, the 46HX850 is within your grasp. The 46EX650 is much cheaper. Do you watch a lot of BDs and/or DVDs? Then HX850 should be your choice. Else EX650 is good enough. As far as lifetime is considered, nothing can be guaranteed but both should last equally well.

I believe that you could also add 46HX750 as a choice that is a bridge between the two.

VFM.. 46EX650..but only if you are in a budget (<80k)

My suggestion is 46HX850 and if you want to save 20K, 46HX750 (around 95K)..

EX650 is not a low end model...it's pic quality is superior than samsung 6-7 series leds..

Don't forget it also got x-reality processor..the whole point of buying sony's EX and higher end models.
EX650 offers very good blacks where HX850 will offer exceptional blacks...

Motion will be handled better in HX850 due to higher native refresh rate of the panel...

Buy the best TV (reviews) & the largest size you can afford... and you will never regret..

As per my demo(BBC Life Bluray on SONY BDP-S480) and my eye verdict PQ Score as below,
SONY 46EX650=80/100
SONY 46HX750=75/100
SONY 46HX850=98/100
Now personally I felt VFM is SONY 46EX650..But SONY 46HX850 is offering Premium PQ on 2D and good 3D for more money.

I want to go big size screen, but for my budget Sony does not offer big(50/55) screen.

Now I am thinking to buy SONY 46EX650 and save 30K. Currently I am in confusion to pay extra 30K for SONY 46HX850.

The price you are willing to pay..u should go for HX850. At the time of my tv purchase sony didn't release HX850..:mad:..I would have go for it with my eyes closed..considering to getting HX850 next year..or may be sony will come up with another model better than HX850 that time.

Thanks All..Finally I have decided to buy SONY 46HX850 at New Year 2013 Eve OccasionBut still 3D view SONY need to improve lot, otherwise they can remove 3D and reduce the price..:)

EX650 is not a low end model...it's pic quality is superior than samsung 6-7 series leds..

lol here we go, claims with zero proof and always trying to prove one brand is inferior while the thread does not even ask for the same.claims with no proof, EX650 is superior to samsung 12 series lcd :lol:

But still 3D view SONY need to improve lot, otherwise they can remove 3D and reduce the price..:)

Finally some real truth, enjoy your purchase.

3D is very bad on all Sony LCD's no matter what model you pick.

Last edited:
Did u checked pic quality or start posting same words in threads regarding Sony.

yes I want to say the same.whats wrong with sony do you have....well I am not a sony marketing guy...but feel you want to bash sony...
sony tvs were and are and will be great man........being a plasma loyal even I am saying this...:D

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back