sony 5200.. too far to impress me

drkavint

i got sony 5200 bluray player from usa.. hooked to samsung 51d5500 tv..
got ready to play new disc

oops users interference is very cool like ps3.. loved it..
enjoyed faster loading of disk 20-30 sec for bluray disc.. samsung took more than 40s..
wow recognised usb pen drive.. played disk very smooth ( compared to my aging samsung 5100 player)..3d depth awesome.. speed of seek superb...
alas...
failed to recognise my 1tb hard disk( had issue with any hard disk of more than 3 partitions)
dtshdma 5.1 video playback from usb has audio break problem.. 1080p files with high frame rate drops..
slow in rewind/ff from usb ( used usb 3.0)
these files had no issues in my samsung bluray.. and to worst youtube and video playback in internet is horrible.. takes more than 30s to load.. while
samsung took less than 15 sec...
mmmm
thought new player will be better in speed and connectivity.. iam lucky that i kept samsung still with me for watching usb...
3d depth in usb 3d files lacks the punch delivered by samsung..
sony is impressive in size and user interface and video, but failed to impress me in audio and usb playback...
(ps..i used asus hd2 media player for usb, rarely use bluray player..yet for those who want usb playback its not so impressive.. ofcourse supports lot of formats , yet sony is slow and sneeky than my 2 year old samsung)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back