Sony Android TV Owners Thread

saketb

As many of us here have bought the Sony X9000E series android smart TV in various sizes, I thought its best to have a dedicated thread and share all your issues, settings, tips, tricks, etc so that everything remains in one thread instead of scattering in different threads. This way the information will be readily available to anyone who wants any info about this series of TV's.

I've named the thread common for Sony Android TV's and not limiting to a particular model. Relevant posts can be moved from other threads for keeping everything at one place (requesting moderators to do so). So please go ahead and make use of this and post discussions, issues and settings so that we all are benefited with this.

For a snappier experience, disable Youtube from the Home screen. Anything which loads content from the internet makes the TV perform slower.

Anybody able to get the update? Is the tv able to confirm whether an update is available, I tried yesterday night but it just keeps on saying that it's already up to date. Don't know when Sony will push the newer firmware.

Hi
I am having 55X8200E model in which there is a banner appearing all the time on top and bottom alternatively. Pressing back button it stops for a while and reappearing. How to disable this banner.

Just played Dunkirk 4k HDR x265 on my home network via Plex. Played like a dream. Picture quality was too good. Was able to play it without any buffering or stuttering.

Just played Dunkirk 4k HDR x265 on my home network via Plex. Played like a dream. Picture quality was too good. Was able to play it without any buffering or stuttering.

Dunkirk looks beautiful in HDR especially the highlights are lovely to watch.

I finally updated today morning via USB route, as my TV was not able to detect the new firmware online and whenever I checked manually, it said its already updated. The USB update took about 20 mins and went smoothly, it was detected as I inserted the USB into the slot on the TV.

4K & HDR contents look very nice and beautiful on this TV. I had watched Planet Earth II in 4k HDR and it was mind blowing. Even Dunkirk, John Wick, Bosch (TV Show) and a few others I had watched earlier in HDR all looks awesome.

How did you get the content? You have a 4k Blu ray or downloaded?

I've the standard bluray, got it for a very good price, which served well on this tv and the 4k upscaling was top notch. But when I saw that a 4k hdr bluray was out, I felt like getting that too. But I let it go and got the hdr format from other sources.

Sir, what type of panel that sony 43x8200e has IPS or VA panel? This information is not there anywhere in sony india official website, so If you know the panel type please mention your information source. Thanks in advance.

Sir, what type of panel that sony 43x8200e has IPS or VA panel? This information is not there anywhere in sony india official website, so If you know the panel type please mention your information source. Thanks in advance.
Its an Ips panel......if you want a va panel in that kind of a budget...go for the Samsung nu7470....but i think i read somewhere that 43" of the nu7470 has an ips panel but I'm not sure....but the 49" has definitely got the va panel....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back