Sony Bravia 55X8000G 4K UHD TV - Picture are too white and overexposed

uda2k2

Hi - My new Sony Bravia 4K UHD TV has some clarity issue and tried with all the settings, but still the pictures are too white and overexposed

Is this could be because of the faulty panel? I raised a complaint with Sony and the service engineer says everything normal. But i still feel pictures (HD, Prime, Youtube Videos) are too white and overexposed, even at very low brightness, contrast & back light levels.

Please could experts suggest how to over come this issue, its just 5 days old TV. Thanks in advance.

One reason might be the low quality of online streaming. check with a BR disc or 1080p reference first... Also, check on your ISP download speed...

IPS panel. Contrast will be low only. HDR will look even worse as brightness will be ramped up and black levels will rise accordingly. No local dimming to improve contrast. What's your gamma setting? Try increasing it to 2.4

IPS panel. Contrast will be low only. HDR will look even worse as brightness will be ramped up and black levels will rise accordingly. No local dimming to improve contrast. What's your gamma setting? Try increasing it to 2.4
Gamma is set to 0, let me set it to 2.4 and check.

Hi - I checked 1080p and it's same, but when i checked in showroom the clarity was awesome, but not the same case with the one i received it. Any chance of a faulty panel? How to rule it that it's not a panel issue?

My ISP download speed is 100 mbps.

Without local diming its tough to get close to pure blacks on ips panel. Play more with your picture settings to get close to desirable picture quality of your liking.

Hi - My new Sony Bravia 4K UHD TV has some clarity issue and tried with all the settings, but still the pictures are too white and overexposed

Is this could be because of the faulty panel? I raised a complaint with Sony and the service engineer says everything normal. But i still feel pictures (HD, Prime, Youtube Videos) are too white and overexposed, even at very low brightness, contrast & back light levels.

Please could experts suggest how to over come this issue, its just 5 days old TV. Thanks in advance.
Can u share the pic of TV
What is ur color setting ? and picture mode ?

I also have similar issues in Samsung 43RU7470, however I am able to tune the picture perfectly for cable (Airtel HD), whereas yet to set it properly for HD and HDR streaming content. I guess this may need to be set differently for each resolution.

Can u share the pic of TV
What is ur color setting ? and picture mode ?
Color: 40
Picture Mode: Cinema Pro

Please find attached pics of TV. Kindly advise if this is a setting issue or faulty panel?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 35
I also have similar issues in Samsung 43RU7470, however I am able to tune the picture perfectly for cable (Airtel HD), whereas yet to set it properly for HD and HDR streaming content. I guess this may need to be set differently for each resolution.
For me issue with both DTH (Tata Sky HD) and Streaming contents :(

Nothing wrong with the TV as far as I can tell from these. You need to get an OLED then, or at least a good FALD set.

Nothing wrong with the TV as far as I can tell from these. You need to get an OLED then, or at least a good FALD set.

Here are some of the TV pics

Attachments

• 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 10
Please research before buying the next time you have to purchase anything instead of troubleshooting later.

Ok sure thanks. So it means that the TV works with the way it should work :(. Unfortunately ended up with the wrong TV after so much of research.

Last edited:
Ok sure thanks. So it means that the TV works with the way it should work :(. Unfortunately ended with the wrong TV after so much of research.

Can you return it? Or maybe upgrade to X950G? If not, then just add bias lighting behind the TV and some more in the room for mood lighting. That'll help a bit with apparent contrast.

Back