Sony HDD Audio Player

What about the 1 TB drive? Is it going to be a generic one? I mean like the platters and read head inside it? If it is the same like a WD or seagate drive then it is actually one step backward.

If yes, it does not make sense. A 1TB SSD kind of a hard drive is more looking into the future otherwise I think it is more ho hum kind of a product.

Last edited:
What about the 1 TB drive? Is is going to be a generic one? I mean like the platters and read head inside it? If it is the same like a WD or seagate drive then it is actually one step backward.

If yes, it does not make sense. A 1TB SSD kind of a hard drive is more looking into the future otherwise I think it is more ho hum kind of a product.

A 1TB SSD drive alone would cost more than the cost of this player.

My point is that at this premium price point, it does not make sense to have a analogue 1 TB HDD.

Let us for theory sake that you have uploaded about 20,000 songs in your best high resolution format and paid for each and every song. Now what happens if the HDD crashes? Do you mean to say that I have paid $3000 dollars so that it crashes and takes my entire music collection with it?

Not acceptable at this price point. No way.

They should be able to put a 1 TB SSD at this premium price point.

Just found out now that a 960gb crucial SSD is available at a price of $529.99 in the USA.

Last edited:
Now what happens if the HDD crashes? Do you mean to say that I have paid $3000 dollars so that it crashes and takes my entire music collection with it?

Not acceptable at this price point. No way.
[/B]

IF you paid for the downloads, you can always re-download them i assume ;) let me turn the tables here... you know that SACD's cannot be backed-up (at least legally!) what if your physical disc get damaged? this is where this player scores.

IF you paid for the downloads, you can always re-download them i assume ;) let me turn the tables here... you know that SACD's cannot be backed-up (at least legally!) what if your physical disc get damaged? this is where this player scores.

Agreed wholeheartedly. My point being that when this product is being touted as an HDD audio player, it should also be as such.

Like you said if the physical disc gets damaged, imagine the peace of mind you would have knowing that the your HDD audio player has got an SSD inside it!

All the HD Media Players out there can do the job like Asus, WD, popcorn Hour etc. Also Logitech Squeezebox is there. [/URL]

none of the above players do DSD as far as i know, take a re-look at the specs of the sony HDD player, besides this is a Hi Rez Audio player only so no comparison to any of the players listed.

imagine the peace of mind you would have knowing that the your HDD audio player has got an SSD inside it!

whats so re assuring about SSD? i lost all my precious photos and videos of my handicam when my SSD crashed :sad:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back