Sony Hi Fi or JBL HT or Some other for Music only

hrishi

Hello Friends,

I am from Mumbai and looking for some blasting music system which i will be using for Music only.
My budget is upto 30K to 40K.i have seen Sony Hi Fi Model : Model:
MHC-GZX33D its RMS is 1200W. i also have seen Philipse DJ Machine FWP3200D but this is far inferior to the sony one. so i have decided to get Sony Model:
MHC-GZX33D.

But before i purchase this can you guys suggest me some more option which will be superior to this. I am not looking for Home theatre becuase i dont think it can beat Hi Fi in sound DJ kind of experience.

Please suggest me what should i purchase ? your prompt response will be appreciated.

Do not invest in Sony or any other consumer brands. Start with a good stereo amplifier and a pair of book shelf speakers. There are lots of threads on budget stereo setups in this forum. For amplifier you can look for Norge, Sonodyne, Marantz, Denon etc. For Speakers there are brands like Polk, Wharfedale, Boston Acoustics to name a few. Take demo of these systems before buying. You can also invest in a good USB DAC if your media source is laptop or PC.

Rs. 40,000 is a good budget for entry level stereo.

Try listen to good stereo amps like Marantz, Nad, CA etc.
For speakers Mission - cheap and value for money.

As fellow fms have rightly suggested, kindly stay away from the SONY's. With the mentioned budget you can easily set up a decent entry level hifi. Also please dont get carried away by the power output ratings they publish. You can look around for entry level Marantz/Denon/Cambridge Audio amps and speakers from brands like Wharfedale, Mission, Mordaunt Short etc. You can also start from the "FOR SALE" section on the forum for good deals on used equipment.

Cheers

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I went through most of the threads regarding setting up audio system and have come up with these options,So what you guys will suggest :

Again i am repeating my requirement. i need music system which can give me good bass..mids and treble..(good quality BASS is more imp)we generally do house party so my expectation is music should be enticing enough to excite people to dance :eek:hyeah:

My source of input will be USB Pendrive and 3.5 mm jack.

Amplifier : 1. Cambridge Audio Topaz AM5 Amplifier
2. Sonodyne SiA 310 Stereo Amplifier
3. Norge 2060 Stereo Amplifier

Speakers : 1. Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding Speaker
2. Boston Acoustics A 25 Speaker (BookShelf)
3. Wharfedale Diamond 121 Bookshelf Speakers

Please let me know your perfect combination of Amp and speakers from above. also suggest me if i have missed some great things and you want to give me other options.

I am going to use in living area 15 X 16 feet. my budget not more than 40k.

currently i have mitashi 5.1 which is being used for house party and daily music listening :lol:

Take demo of these systems before buying. You can also invest in a good USB DAC if your media source is laptop or PC.
nqpSam

I won't suggest Sonodyne. Last year I bought Sonodyne SiA310 and a pair of Sonodyne BS, but didn't like the sound. There was too much brightness in the sound which I don't like. Sold it later. I feel my current Edifier C3 2.1 is better than the Sonodyne combo.

Guys,

I will be playing mostly with my mobile and laptop using 3.5 mm jack and sometimes through pen drive.
Now please suggest a suitable good Amp for this.

The earlier NADs came with a loudness switch or in some cases, a bass expander switch. This improved the bass response significantly, however I must say that most integrated amps talked about, in the posts above, may not meet your specific requirement of power packed bass. Amps like NAD are very laid back and neutral, hence will not suit your requirement.

What seems to be right for you is a set up with a graphic equalizer, so you can turn up the controls for your party and drop things down when you want to listen to music and relax. You may want to look for a receiver with an inbuilt equalizer with USB input or perhaps, go for separates. Brands like Sony, Pioneer and Marantz may have receiver models up your alley.

Guys,

Today I auditioned Amplifier Norge 2060 at Mahim,Mumbai at Norge factory.
Gold 1000 and Mofset 2000 was out of stock for audition so I will be going again for Gold 1000 and Mofset 2000 in coming weekend.

I listened Norge TWR 125 MK III Floorstanding with Amp 2060 and it was good.. it was not very shiny but sharp and accurate. bass was not that heavy as I expected but it was far better than bass from Sony Hi Fi or LG H Fi or any sub woofer. now after listening I hate sub woofer bass.I think if I will listen with Amp Gold 1000 and Mofset 2000 there could be some noticeable difference in bass compare to Norge 2060

Now decision time so please suggest :

Amplifier : 1. Norge Gold 1000 - Price -12500/-
2. Norge Mofset 2000 - Price- 14500/-
3. Yamha AS 500 - Price - 25500/-

Speakers(Floor Standing) : 1. Norge TWR 125 MK III. it is 2 x 6.5" mid woofer,1 x 1" and tweeter on each. Price : 23000/-

2. Pioneer SP-FS52 : 2 x 5.25" woofer , 1 x 5.25" mid and 1 x 1" tweeter on each. Price : 23000/-

3. Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding : 2 x 5.25" mid woofer,1 x 1 " tweeter on each.
Price on Hifi Mart : after discount 32000/- but I am getting at Alfa in 25500/- only.

4. Boston Acoustics CS 226 Floorstanding : it is 2 x 6.5" mid woofer,1 x 1" and tweeter on each. Price : 23000/-

Now please suggest which combination I should go for. Please notice Speakers are going to be on same range(20 to 25k) but Yamaha Amplifier is just 10k most costlier than Norge.

Please tell me your valuable suggestions...:)

Last edited:
Some forum members mentioned here don't purchase sony hifi's. But I've different opinion in this subject. I've used more than 30 different models of sony, panasonic hifis. I'm remembering these two companies were influenced me to build a strong musical life.
In 2002-04 period i'd used sony FLX5D. This sony model can beat todays 2L highend item. I can say it bcoz i've strong base in todays hifi technology also.
My request is that "Your budget below rs.30k please go to sony's or other leading companies two channel hifi, you can invest rs.60-100k go for todays hifi's.

Guys,

Gold 1000 and Mofset 2000 was out of stock for audition so I will be going again for Gold 1000 and Mofset 2000 in coming weekend.

I listened Norge TWR 125 MK III Floorstanding with Amp 2060 and it was good.. it was not very shiny but sharp and accurate. bass was not that heavy as I expected but it was far better than bass from Sony Hi Fi or LG H Fi or any sub woofer. now after listening I hate sub woofer bass.I think if I will listen with Amp Gold 1000 and Mofset 2000 there could be some noticeable difference in bass compare to Norge 2060

Speakers(Floor Standing) : 1. Norge TWR 125 MK III. it is 2 x 6.5" mid woofer,1 x 1" and tweeter on each. Price : 23000/-

2. Pioneer SP-FS52 : 2 x 5.25" woofer , 1 x 5.25" mid and 1 x 1" tweeter on each. Price : 23000/-

3. Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding : 2 x 5.25" mid woofer,1 x 1 " tweeter on each.
Price on Hifi Mart : after discount 32000/- but I am getting at Alfa in 25500/- only.

4. Boston Acoustics CS 226 Floorstanding : it is 2 x 6.5" mid woofer,1 x 1" and tweeter on each. Price : 23000/-

Now please suggest which combination I should go for. Please notice Speakers are going to be on same range(20 to 25k) but Yamaha Amplifier is just 10k most costlier than Norge.

Please tell me your valuable suggestions...:)[/QUOT

YAMAHA AS-500 & Boston A250 floor stand model

Guys,

Please tell me your valuable suggestions...:)

YAMAHA AS-500 & Boston A250 floor stand model very good combination.

Thanks Robin,

How about Norge 1000 + Norge Tower speakers

Norge 1000 gold : 12500/-(without remote)
Norge Floorstanding : 23500/-

Hi FMs,

Thanks all for your time and help.

Finally i have done with my first stereo setup with all your help and suggestion.

1. Amplifier : Norge Mofset Referece 2000
2. Speakers : Norge Tower Speaker
3. Muse DAC

currently i am playing directly with my mobile,once Muse DAC will come from US i will be using that to see the difference.

:licklips:

hi, congrats on your first step in to hi-fi music world:clapping:. Wish you many more musical hours( partying) as well as as many more upgrades in coming years:). cheers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back