Sony HT-M5 Explosive 1580W RMS 5.2ch home theater component system - any way to contr

Yogesh Khadtare

Well I want to add one Hifi system with my Sony HT-M5 home theater system. Today I connected Hifi system via rca audio out of receiver tried playing songs via USB in receiver but no sound from Hifi den switched to tuner & other hdmi or audio inputs like cellphone connected to receiver den got audio from Hifi but volume needs to be controlled separately from the Hifi. So even if my receiver is on 0 volume Hifi works separately. Any trick so that I can use multiple systems connected to SONY HT-M5 AV receiver & can control all by itself. Now because my receiver don't have separate subwoofer out I can't even add any active subwoofer! If u have solutions please lemme know!

Re: Sony HT-M5 Explosive 1580W RMS 5.2ch home theater component system - any way to c

Hi Yogesh,
You can use a low pass filter on audio out of your Sony and do use a good amp I've a friend there in Pune Same name as you own a sub amp, that can receive three inputs at a time, and with a frequency control 20-100hz.

Re: Sony HT-M5 Explosive 1580W RMS 5.2ch home theater component system - any way to c

@Ajose - no Bro that's not the problem lpf will can be maintained via extra subwoofers amp. The problem is that Sony HT-M5 AV receiver sends audio out only in portable / dvd / tuner mode & not in USB mode which I use d most for songs. Another major problem is audio out is just rca transmitter which sends input rca signal straight way to audio out rca so receiver don't have any control over it. I need to adjust volume of amp each time. I am thinking to add pair subs with dj amp. So how I am supposed to adjust gain each time I chane the volume! The only option I am left with is connecting this unit to some blu ray player or PC & use my USB stick via player/pc so I can Control whole setup. I hope u got my problem.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back