Sony KDL 32CX320 vs Sony KDL BX320 vs Samsung LA32D400E1

Rupam

Now I have been doing some research on these models but so far I have not been able to come to a conclusion. These are all HD ready model. I don't want Full HD.
I will be viewing 70% HD Movies via WD Live and 30% SD channel. Sound quality is not important.

In my order of preference....

1.Sony KDL 32CX320 Price Rs. 30900/- after burgain + Aitel HD TV free Link []
Main features
# Live Colour Technology with Advanced Contrast Enhancer
# BRAVIA Engine 3 (old 2010)
# USB Play (Video, Music, Photo)
# Light Sensor Technology
# Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE)
# 24P True Cinema
# 3D Comb Filter

2. Sony KDL BX320 Price Rs. 29900/- after burgain + Airtel HD TV Free
Main Features

# BRAVIA Engine 3 (Old 2010)
# Intelligent Picture PLUS
# MPEG Noise Reduction
# 24P True Cinema
# FM Radio
# 3D Comb Filter

3. Samsung : LA32D400E1 ( New 2011 Model) Mrp. 29900/- ( can be burgained @ 27500/-)
Main Features
# Wide Color Enhancer
# DNIe+ Picture Engine
# USB Movie placback
# SRS TheatreSound

Now as you can see there is no theoretical advantage of any sets on paper of any one these sets. But I went to Reliance Digital and Sony World to judge their performance:

Sony KDL 32CX320 and Sony KDL BX320

Almost indistinguishable from one another; Here are the pictures of models

2remsnb.png
2n699at.png

In Reliance Digital these two models were playing customized HD clipping from various films and football match. They both have very good viewing angle. Black level and contrast were pretty deep. White balance was accurate. There was no significant difference in picture quality. They were both Good.

But in Sony World, when these models are playing Nat Geo HD, I noticed some trailing / ghosting. I am not sure if it was the poor signal or the panel which caused it.
SD channel was not good as the signal had a lot of noise but after all its SD.

Lets come to Samsung model. Here is the image
iokpvs.png

Picture appeared somewhat lackluster. Colours are a bit under-saturated. But HD picture appeared smooth. SD viewing was ok.
The main deterrent behind the Samsung model is ofcourse Panel lottery. I have checked the models in Showrooms they have SQ / PQ / AA / HN (?) Panels. So I may be getting any one of them.

There is another model from Panasonic VIERA TH-L32X24 (Rs. 29000/-) Link X Series | VIERA LCD TV | TV | Digital AV | Products | Panasonic
which I was considering it but after viewing the model in several showrooms, I dropped it from my list.

Now need some inputs from members to seal the deal.
Waiting for your suggestions....

Last edited:
Well if you want deep contrast and a conistent performance basically what you see in showroom (panel wise) is what you get then go for the Sony.
In the samsung the problem as you already know is the panel lottery,but its cheaper.

Now I have been doing some research on these models but so far I have not been able to come to a conclusion. These are all HD ready model. I don't want Full HD.
I will be viewing 70% HD Movies via WD Live and 30% SD channel. Sound quality is not important.

In my order of preference....

1.Sony KDL 32CX320 Price Rs. 30900/- after burgain + Aitel HD TV free Link []
Main features
# Live Colour Technology with Advanced Contrast Enhancer
# BRAVIA Engine 3 (old 2010)
# USB Play (Video, Music, Photo)
# Light Sensor Technology
# 24P True Cinema
# 3D Comb Filter

2. Sony KDL BX320 Price Rs. 29900/- after burgain + Airtel HD TV Free
Main Features

# BRAVIA Engine 3 (Old 2010)
# Intelligent Picture PLUS
# MPEG Noise Reduction
# 24P True Cinema
# FM Radio
# 3D Comb Filter

3. Samsung : LA32D400E1 ( New 2011 Model) Mrp. 29900/- ( can be burgained @ 27500/-)
Main Features
# Wide Color Enhancer
# DNIe+ Picture Engine
# USB Movie placback
# SRS TheatreSound

Now as you can see there is no theoretical advantage of any sets on paper of any one these sets. But I went to Reliance Digital and Sony World to judge their performance:

Sony KDL 32CX320 and Sony KDL BX320

Almost indistinguishable from one another; Here are the pictures of models

2remsnb.png
2n699at.png

In Reliance Digital these two models were playing customized HD clipping from various films and football match. They both have very good viewing angle. Black level and contrast were pretty deep. White balance was accurate. There was no significant difference in picture quality. They were both Good.

But in Sony World, when these models are playing Nat Geo HD, I noticed some trailing / ghosting. I am not sure if it was the poor signal or the panel which caused it.
SD channel was not good as the signal had a lot of noise but after all its SD.

Lets come to Samsung model. Here is the image
iokpvs.png

Picture appeared somewhat lackluster. Colours are a bit under-saturated. But HD picture appeared smooth. SD viewing was ok.
The main deterrent behind the Samsung model is ofcourse Panel lottery. I have checked the models in Showrooms they have SQ / PQ / AA / HN (?) Panels. So I may be getting any one of them.

There is another model from Panasonic VIERA TH-L32X24 (Rs. 29000/-) Link X Series | VIERA LCD TV | TV | Digital AV | Products | Panasonic
which I was considering it but after viewing the model in several showrooms, I dropped it from my list.

Now need some inputs from members to seal the deal.
Waiting for your suggestions....

Hi Friend,
Some correction in your post.
1. bravia india series starts with KLV not KDL as you have written.
2. samsung 32D400E1 is not having the Movie share feature, its only having the USB -JPEG playback.

Hope you find that in order, and my friend you can try the Bravia KLV-32BX320 and it supports many formats in video thru USB. and for samsung the best bet would be LA32D481G4 which has all the things in USB movie and it has 40wRMS with woofer along with Dolby Ditigal, Dts & SRS theatre sound.

Just check them and post your reviews/remarks.:)

I think Sony bx320 is more than enough for you. Samsung has only 1 hdmi whereas sony has 2 hdmi. Any problem in buying from grey market?

Hi Friend,
Some correction in your post.
1. bravia india series starts with KLV not KDL as you have written.
2. samsung 32D400E1 is not having the Movie share feature, its only having the USB -JPEG playback.

Hope you find that in order, and my friend you can try the Bravia KLV-32BX320 and it supports many formats in video thru USB. and for samsung the best bet would be LA32D481G4 which has all the things in USB movie and it has 40wRMS with woofer along with Dolby Ditigal, Dts & SRS theatre sound.

Just check them and post your reviews/remarks.:)

thanks I Have not cheked that samsung model. I will do that and if i found it really good then I'll go for it.
Although im in delhi, i dread gray market. If anything goes wrong then I willhave nothing but regret. otherwise 29k is a bit high for that sony model
2. samsung 32D400E1 is not having the Movie share feature, its only having the USB -JPEG playback. +thank for the point.

You only get 1 year warranty with a Sony.
The 32BX320 costs 22k in grey market
For 27k you can get a CX520 which has a x-reality processor which is slightly better,but it doesn't play MKV and doesn't support NTFS.

Hey i dont think there is any problem in buying from grey market. I know someone in grey market who is very reliable and genuine. but since you dont know me also i dont think you will buy it from there and i understand that. You can buy additional warranty of 2 years from croma if you buy the tv from there. CX520 is a much better model and it has lot of other features also like wifiready, internet videos, presence sensor, media remote etc. One of my uncle bought it and he is very happy with it. You can check the features here. Just click on the link. Hope this helps. CX520 is for around 28k i guess.

KDL-46CX520 : CX520 Series : BRAVIA

@ aks316
Thanks for the price. Well Im considering gray after seeing the price difference. Can you please PM me the address and contact of the dealer your talking about?

Today I bought Sony 32 KLV CX320 from Sony Centre, Gurgaon, total damage 29900/- [+Airtel HD Settop box Free]

Thanks to adder
Thanks to aks316
all above to hifivision.com

Review coming soon.....:yahoo:

Today I bought Sony 32 KLV CX320 from Sony Centre, Gurgaon, total damage 29900/- [+Airtel HD Settop box Free]

Thanks to adder
Thanks to aks316

Rupam, CONGRATS for the new BRAVIA.
The damage is very reasonable
:yahoo:

Hi congrats bro. Its a very good tv. Please share some pics also. Enjoy your tv. Welcome to the Bravia club. I am glad my advice helped you in your buying decision. Tc :)

Thanks to adder
Thanks to aks316

Last edited:
P1010765.jpg

P1010753.jpg

P1010754.jpg
[/IMG]
Side Inputs

P1010752.jpg

As requested, the pictures are here. This is a TV which stands out because of its picture quality in this category. Even 700 MB SD file DVDrips looks fantastic.
But I'm not impressed with the remote control, Menu button has been renamed as OPTION and the RETURN button is too near and sometimes it get pressed unintentionally. Maybe its a matter of time before I could get used to the button placement.

Last edited:
Hi awesome tv bro. Share your settings so that i can help you.
My Sony Bravia Ex400 32inch Settings -

Standard
Backlight - 3
Picture - 95
Brightness - 40
Color - 50
Hue - 0
Color Temperature - Warm 2
Sharpness - 5
Noise reduction - Low
MPEG noise reduction - low
Cinema drive - Auto
Advance contrast enhanser - Low
Black corrector - Off
Gamma - 0
Clear white - Off
Live color - Low
White balance - 0

Tc.

P1010765.jpg

P1010753.jpg

P1010754.jpg
[/IMG]
Side Inputs

P1010752.jpg

As requested, the pictures are here. This is a TV which stands out because of its picture quality in this category. Even 700 MB SD file DVDrips looks fantastic.
But I'm not impressed with the remote control, Menu button has been renamed as OPTION and the RETURN button is too near and sometimes it get pressed unintentionally. Maybe its a matter of time before I could get used to the button placement.

congrats rupam on the cx320(its only 720p Hd?).....i also got a 32 cx420(full hd 1080p) for my bedroom a few days ago.
my impressions....my sony bravia cx42 is just about a average tv...yes the colours appears natural & original,but @sacrifice of lot less the wow & pop in the pic,trying out whatever limited picture settings it offers...mayb its contrast is a tad on the lesser side,so mayb its just that....whatever...sony also appears very snooty at giving all control in picture settings options to the user,which in turn makes the tv less an enjoyment(albeit lesser customizations)...it also appears restricted in being user friendly in the usb playback dept. as no type of external subtitle formats r supported which is crucial while playing back sd or hd vdeos.also .dts audio is not supported which is another gripe!

so for me ,it's just another average lcd,which is meant for regular sd tv & some hd tv's for my bed room!

Also,sony india support seems worst,when i asked for explanation of why lesser feature on thee set & called them twice for a callback by senior sony engineers(,explaining everything to me,possibly sortng my issues out by any future f/w upgrade,)in the last 1&1/2 weeks there was none.... pity that some guys calling themselves sony technical support on the other end of the call had even the least idea about something as basic as .dts audio or the external subtitles...now i had to explain them all myself & it was really a sorry experience...no wonder a call back to me was NOT done...i have emailed them hence,possibly asking for a refund if possible...preferably going for the competitors brand,which doesnot suffers for all this trouble!

So,overall if even i dont return the tv,..it is just another TV!

.......so what's ur take on ur cx320 rupam?

Last edited:
Hi can you share your picture settings with us so that we can help you better. Tc.
congrats rupam on the cx320(its only 720p Hd?).....i also got a 32 cx420(full hd 1080p) a few days ago for my bedroom a few days ago.
my impressions....my sony bravia cx42 is just about a average tv...yes the colours appears natural & original,but @sacrifice of lot less the wow & pop in the pic,trying out whatever limited picture settings it offers...mayb its contrast is a tad on the lesser side,so mayb its just that....whatever...sony also appears very snooty at giving all control in picture settings options to the user,which in turn makes the tv less an enjoyment(albeit lesser customizations)...it also appears restricted in being user friendly in the usb playback dept. as no type of external subtitle formats r supported which is crucial while playing back sd or hd vdeos.also .dts audio is not supported which is another gripe!

so for me ,it's just another average lcd,which is meant for regular sd tv & some hd tv's for my bed room!

Also,sony india support seems worst,when i asked for explanation of why lesser feature on thee set & called them twice for a callback by senior sony engineers(,explaining everything to me,possibly sortng my issues out by any future f/w upgrade,)in the last 1&1/2 weeks there was none.... pity that some guys calling themselves sony technical support on the other end of the call had even the least idea about something as basic as .dts audio or the external subtitles...now i had to explain them all myself & it was really a sorry experience...no wonder a call back to me was NOT done...i have emailed them hence,possibly asking for a refund if possible...preferably going for the competitors brand,which doesnot suffers for all this trouble!

see bro, my picture setting might be useless for you & vice versa,....imho,ps is a very subjective thing depending upon ur room environment ,expectation of perceptible pic vis a vis competition tv & ur best guide to check all that out,.. "ur eyes". So afterall its all a personal thing how u set ur tv & quite relative what ur initial expectation was when u tried changing the default settings.

what my major gripes r....i have already told..& it's true that sony had ben always like that(not about the ass though)...much less user friendly & restricted in its pic controls & features creatures in its products than its rival brands....but having said that, from my experiences(a past one though)Sony had been but a very solid brand,which delivers guaranteed value on its products!...a fan of which i have been & as such ended with a certain expectation of a bravia lcd tv &brought a 32 cx42,even though the feature list runs short than other!!!

i am also atm,searching for a bigger tv(40-50)",but this time,preferably a No sony!

congrats rupam on the cx320(its only 720p Hd?).....i also got a 32 cx420(full hd 1080p) for my bedroom a few days ago.

@indiglo.

Look it depends on what you expect your TV to be. Before I bought this TV, I was already aware of its socalled "limitations".
I knew that It won't play external subtitle and decode DTS stream.

My quest was not to get an all rounder TV but a TV which will offer the best picture quality in this price range. And Sony gave me just that.

Moreover it is impossible to get a TV which will excel in all aspects , and that too in a limited budget. So there was bound to be some constraints that have to be accommodated.

My logic is that if my TV does not play aac audio or dts audio or a certain video codec, I can always buy a media player BUT what if I buy a TV with all the frills of internet feature and left to be disappointed by picture quality? Then how can I change that?
Remember picture settings will let you to tweak the picture rather than actual increasing the Picture quality. The picture quality mainly depends on a permutation combination of a lot of electrical units in a LCD (Video processor, panel, backlight,) For me Sony gave me the best result regarding Picture quality in this category.

And don't think I'm glorifying Sony, I have seen better bigger and costlier LCD TVs from other brands and also cheaper, better, and Indian LCD TV brands. For exemple : AV MAX 2010 awards : Best Flat Panel TV Award Mitashi MiC032v01 @ 24k.

You are disappointed with Sony because it did not have the features you expected. I make it a point to download and read the manual of the TV / gadget before I listen to salesman or customer executive.

So basically I'm very happy with my choice .......:)

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back