sony klv 32s400a lcd panel replacement

anfjavid

hello guys, is it worth to spend 10k to replace panel of my lcd or to go for a new grey/official samsung/sony 32" lcd ?...

If going for a new lcd is better plz suggest a good one within 30k range which supports mkv . Knew about panel lottery system. So is the sony 32 cx320 or 420 is better ? As it supports mkv and comes with spva panel .

Well i would go with the CX420,not sure if these are sold in grey market.
If you don't mind samsung panel lottery,you can go with the D550.

The physical build of both tv and remote won't be as good as your old S400.

if its build is atleast equal to my cx52, it will be more than enough for me... I hope it will be.

And for the cx420 which is 1080p, it isnt available currently in the grey market. So i will go for the cx320 which is 720p (which i think is the only difference) . So Correct me if i am wrong.....

And there isnt any difference between the 320 and 420 regarding video format support, right ?

Thanx

Yes the difference is only in the resolution,but since this a series lower just to be sure you do get a SPVA panel go to the showroom and press " i(info), 5 , vol+ ,power " during standby and see the whether the PNL: LTF32xxxxxxx , LTU32xxxxxxxx

^ But i am not going to buy it in the showroom where the price would be around or more than 30k. I am going to get it in the grey market. Though i am going to approach the same dealer from whom i bought my cx52 i am not sure whether he will allow me to check this. But isnt the cx320 supposed to have an spva panel for sure ?. I hope Sony isnt adopting the panel lottery system of samsung ....

So you mean if it is other than ltfxxxx or ltuxxx then it isnt an spva panel ?. Is there any other way to identify it ?. Can i confirm it from Sony CC and buy it from grey after confirmation ?

Last edited:
^ But i am not going to buy it in the showroom where the price would be around or more than 30k. I am going to get it in the grey market. Though i am going to approach the same dealer from whom i bought my cx52 i am not sure whether he will allow me to check this. But isnt the cx320 supposed to have an spva panel for sure ?. I hope Sony isnt adopting the panel lottery system of samsung ....

So you mean if it is other than ltfxxxx or ltuxxx then it isnt an spva panel ?. Is there any other way to identify it ?. Can i confirm it from Sony CC and buy it from grey after confirmation ?

Sony customer care won't know a thing.
What i am saying is check it out in the showroom and then go and buy from grey market.
Sony doesn't have a panel lottery.

^ ok will do it. yesterday called cc and they told its against company policy to reveal panel info. Just dropped the call getting irritated....

Sony customer care won't know a thing.
What i am saying is check it out in the showroom and then go and buy from grey market.
Sony doesn't have a panel lottery.

Update : Went to Croma store today and checked the service menu of cx320 (as this alone is available in grey currently). Please verify the below link wherein i have posted a snap of the panel info and tell me mate. And is there any panel called HN02 ?. I found this name in the main service menu.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well the current info doesn't have any info which gives us a clue about the panel.
you should have probably gone to the next page in the service if there was any.

I don't see HN02 written there,also need the complete code.

Last edited:
In the main menu, i found something called panel mode (not very sure) where a user is allowed to select some options like wxga (resolution), etc. It is only in this section i found the name HN02. And the chroma guy informed me about a different technology which is used in this TV , which i cant remember. But the display was quite OK. Will try it in someother showroom and let you know.

And they had 2 yr ext. warranty for paying 1.8k extra. I asked Sony and they said they are not connected in anyway with the extended warranty and such warranties are offered by Chroma with their own liability. Is it better to avail such warranties ?. If their warranty policy is not very stringent, i think thats a better option as i will get cx320 for 30990 + 1800 with 3 yr warranty and if i adopt the grey route i will get it at 20k with no warranty. So getting it from Chroma makes sense, right ??

Well the low end sony like these probably have a NON-SPVA panel. Sony service menu UI is also different.
With out the picture of the service meny code or the correct code i can't say what panel is it.
see if you can find 31 or 32 in any code like V31xxxxxx,T31xxxxxx ,LTY32xxxxxxx

As far dealers warranty is concerned please read their terms and conditions.by 3 years you will most likely get a 40" for that price and the 32" will cost less then 20k.

So i don't feel paying a 10k premium for the warranty is worth it.

Ok. now the cx52 32" is costing 22k. and the cx32 19.5k. The former has no support for mkv and the latter has it.. So assuming the cx32 is a non SPVA panel one which is the the better buy dude ?. PLease advise....

In other words which one will weigh more and vfm ?. mkv support or spva, given that there is no intention of buying a dvd player or media player and i intend to use the inbuilt player of the lcd. If the cx32 is going to recogize mkv formats (only with certain a/v codecs) , isnt it better to go for the cx52 ?

regarding the menu, will find out and update mate....

thanx

Last edited:
Do check the service menu of 32CX52 some countries get SPVA panel ,some other countries like russia get a different AMVA panel.

Since you already have a WD live i would go with a CX52 for the better image processing and Internet/video capability,its a international model.
The X-reality based tvs also have had 2 or 3 software updates even since they where launched,not so for the BE3 based tvs like CX32/CX42 etc.

@adder,

Sorry, to barge in with an off topic issue. In continuation of the PM to you I feel since I am not that much pinning on 3D, can I opt for the 46EX520. As of such it is not a 3D LED, can I go for the 520. Is 3D the only difference between the 520 and 720. I am not sure, but there is also the issue of Motion flo. The 520 has a poor motion flo as compared to 720, according to some reviews. I would definitely like your opinion on this one. There is difference of around 10K between these two models. If the 720 is scoring in any other aspect apart from the 3D I won't sacrifice for it. Adder, are you getting what I mean, I would rather shell out 10K more and get the motion flo, advantage(if at all there is any, and if it maters) and get the 3D as an unwanted bonus.

If you feel, that the motion-flo won't be an issue I will surely go for the Ex520. awaiting for your valuable suggestions. ...JAYANT

Last edited:
The EX720 also has a higher color bit panel,it also like you said as Motionflow if you want to take the natural judder from certain movies this comes handy,apart from the higher motion resolution 300 lines vs 1080lines.
The body and remote is also better built then the EX520.

Sony 3d in EX720 is just to entice buyers with a low price tag,its clearly a replacement for the EX500 and EX700.

Do check the service menu of 32CX52 some countries get SPVA panel ,some other countries like russia get a different AMVA panel.

Since you already have a WD live i would go with a CX52 for the better image processing and Internet/video capability,its a international model.
The X-reality based tvs also have had 2 or 3 software updates even since they where launched,not so for the BE3 based tvs like CX32/CX42 etc.

Actually i have no intention of using my live hub with this tv, as i have already connected it to my cx52. So is it wise to compromise the cx32 with mkv playback and go for the cx52 with good image processing and firmware support ?.

If i should take the cx52, then how to find out the if it comes with spva panel mate ?. I can rely on the panel code which is in the carton of the lcd, right ?. Or i have to go through the hidden menu. Because the carton of my cx52 says sq01. So it should be spva i guess. And the cx52s hidden menu is very complicating so how to identify my cx52 has spva apart from the carton information ?

Actually i have no intention of using my live hub with this tv, as i have already connected it to my cx52. So is it wise to compromise the cx32 with mkv playback and go for the cx52 with good image processing and firmware support ?.

If i should take the cx52, then how to find out the if it comes with spva panel mate ?. I can rely on the panel code which is in the carton of the lcd, right ?. Or i have to go through the hidden menu. Because the carton of my cx52 says sq01. So it should be spva i guess. And the cx52s hidden menu is very complicating so how to identify my cx52 has spva apart from the carton information ?

Well since they do allow you to check the tv,most grey dealers won't allow you to open the remote ,so take your own remote and access the service menu.

Afaik Sony doesn't mention the panel in the carton SQ01 is a samsung code,not Sonys.

When you access the service menu you will see something like below,look at the last line PNL if its says anything like LTY32xxxxxx,LTU32xxxxxx,LTA32xxxxxx its a SPVA and if its V315xxxxxx its AMVA

DM1.061GAA
WF1.002W00AA
DF1.430W00AA
YM1.002W00AA
M4.000C
(DM1.061GAA)
DD1.013W00AA
PK1.007W00AA
MID:1D95E855
PID:05080000
PNL:LTY320HN010

Last edited:
ok my cx52 has ltu40xxxxx. So its surely spva panel :). And the sq01 is stated in my cx52 carton only...

And when i checked the menu in croma, i didnt come across anything like ltuxxxx. so it must be someother panel i think... And the service menu looked completely different.... May be because its be3 engine...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back