Sony LED vs Samsung LED

Both are great but you should compare the models one to one on the right price level. I have a 40" Sony HX850 a couple of weeks old that I chose over the comparable Series 5 Samsung LED as I liked the demo I saw better.

Who do you think makes better LEDs - Sony or Samsung?
There is no absolute answer. There are pluses and minuses. I think that both are more or less equivalent. At the same time, one should should look beyond the standard names such as Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. Some models such as Sharp, Toshiba, Philips are equally good and sometimes even better. Then again there is a price angle and features provided.

Both are great but you should compare the models one to one on the right price level. I have a 40" Sony HX850 a couple of weeks old that I chose over the comparable Series 5 Samsung LED as I liked the demo I saw better.

:lol: How can you compare Sony HX850 series with Samsung 5 Series. If you wish to compare, compare HX850 with the Samsung 7 series at the miminum.

When you spend so much money, sound quality is also important.
Samsung is always pathetic in terms of sound quality..

Samsung is no match for the picture quality and reliability that Sony offers.

Samsung is more hype than substance and offers worthless extra in my opinion.

:lol: How can you compare Sony HX850 series with Samsung 5 Series. If you wish to compare, compare HX850 with the Samsung 7 series at the miminum.

:eek: Not Series 5, actually it was Series 6 40" ES6800R. It was in the same price range as HX850, give or take 10k. Similar WiFi built in, 3D etc.. dont think there is a Series 7 40" available...

:eek: Not Series 5, actually it was Series 6 40" ES6800R. It was in the same price range as HX850, give or take 10k. Similar WiFi built in, 3D etc.. dont think there is a Series 7 40" available...
Series 6 should be compared with HX750.

Sony's Bravia model is awesome.....no comparison with any brand
But its costlier as always..............its not for the budget conscious....
But when we sit at home with one TV in our living room....and when there is nothing to compare, frankly speaking all the brands are good.

But when we sit at home with one TV in our living room....and when there is nothing to compare, frankly speaking all the brands are good.

That is because you have not seen an ST50 or GT50. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Yep, having seen both in action, I have to say that Sony is just Awesome. Also sony supports even their old models. A guy from samsung on the other hand told me that my 3 year old model would have no spare parts.

Who do you think makes better LEDs - Sony or Samsung?
Saying Sony LED panel is better than Samsung or vice versa is not justifiable; firstly I would say whenever one needs to compare among brands, must inaugurate at least a couple of features to debate-on; like price, PQ and sound quality etc.
In general we have three major giants i.e. Sony, LG and Samsung which covered the major segment of industry. And there norms are way-better than other!

To be honest I would also support your post by saying that Sony Bravia is just eye-catching in terms of PQ especially, but not everyones cup of tea as its overpriced! My uncle has 42-inch Bravia in his living room and I also checked LG LM series. I guess LM models are quite good looking and of course less-pricy.
But Whatever! Sony, Samsung and LG have their individual segments of satisfied consumers.

I know the need to be clear between these two LEDs, Samsung Smart TV and Sony Bravia... While Sony enjoys a lot of fan following whereas Samsung is always comes up with latest innovation and keep pushing the boundaries of what a TV can do. I came across this really interesting face-off between the two brands where people are passionately voting for the brand of their choice along with their comments. You might want to checkout this place Brand Brand Collage Face-off - Samsung Smart TV vs Sony Bravia LED/LCD

Every brand will have loyalist followers. But comments like "Sony Sucks ... Samsung rocks" or vice-versa are plain stupid, deformative, judgemental and prejudiced. One must realize the pros and cons of each TV model (and not brand) at various price points and make an informed decision.

I would stay away from such debates.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back