Sony offering 25 months warranty on LCDs

haisaikat

I accompanied my in-laws to Sales Emporium, Garia in Kolkata this Sunday to purchase a Sony LCD 32CX20 for final discounted price of 31K and found that on several Sony models including the one we purchased the warranty is now extended from 1 yr to 2 yrs 1 month or 25 months from purchase in total at no extra cost. So keep in mind for recent Sony purchases. Not sure what other Sony models is having this.

Last edited:
I accompanied my in-laws to Sales Emporium, Garia in Kolkata this Sunday to purchase a Sony LCD 32CX20 for final discounted price of 31K and found that on several Sony models including the one we purchased the warranty is now extended from 1 yr to 2 yrs 1 month or 25 months. So keep in mind for recent Sony purchases. Not sure what other Sony models is having this.

you mean sony is giving free extra 1year 1 month warranty on the whole tv plus the standard 1 year warranty?? sony always had extended 2 years warranty on the standard 1 year warranty but only for the panel at a cost.

would be helpful if you could clarify further.

1 yr 1 month additional over the standard 1 year that sony usually gives hence in total it is 2yrs 1 month warranty

btw i remember enquiring on sony customer care last year and they specifically said that they do not offer extended warranty on flat panels even at the customers cost. I enquired for the then 46ex710. LG on the other end is known to offer upto 4 th year extended warranty at extra cost.

btw i remember enquiring on sony customer care last year and they specifically said that they do not offer extended warranty on flat panels even at the customers cost. I enquired for the then 46ex710. LG on the other end is known to offer upto 4 th year extended warranty at extra cost.

Thats not true. i asked the sony guys here in Goa and they give 2 years extended warranty on all models. its on the sony site also for further reference.BRAVIA Extended Warranty Packs

Last edited:
now i see the picture and understand, actually most of the time we refer to the below link Standard Warranty where LCDs always turn up with 1 year standard and no additional extended option. Anyways thanks for clarifying, may be on the 32CX20 model they have some special offer where at no extra cost they are offering 25months warranty in all.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back