sony or samsung 32 inch lcd or led for pc gaming & bluray movies

jerryjames72

hiii guys i am creating this new thread because i dont got any answers in my previous post in some other guys thread so thought to open a new thread for me :sad:
i am also going to buy a 32 inch lcd or led this diwali my shortlisted models are sony ex500 or samsung c650 or samsung c5000qm led tv(without 100 hz)

1) my budget is 40 to 45 k i am going to use this panel for watching lots of hd action movies(40%) , pc gaming (30% after buying my new gaming pc this dec) & watching tv (30%)

2) without 100hz ghosting can be visible in fast motion scenes? also in games 100hz causes any problem ? somewhere i read that we have to turn of 100 hz when playing games
3) between these panels which have lesser input lag ?

4) i am going to buy a sony bluray player with it but i read in this forum that sony bdp s370 player cannot read subtitles the samsung lcd's usb can read subtitle ?

waiting for reply I have only 6 to 7 days left to buy a tv so please give me your valuable suggestions

thanks in advance

Well if you are into using it has a monitor i.e not just for PC gaming but browsing then the samsung is better ,since it has a text mode VIA HDMI,where as the Sony only has a text mode in VGA not HDMI.So text won't look as sharp as its supposed to be.

You can't spot ghosting,in fast action scenses or in a scene that has part static or part motion such as tv news scrolling,you will see the image processing trying to adjust for better motion,even if its a 60hz tv.
100hz adds more input lag,so its best to turn it OFF.But for strategy games it won't make much of a difference.

In samsung the input lag varies with the panel used.

thanks adder for the suggestion
so if i pick sony ex500 then for the monitor part can i use both connectors hdmi for games & movies & vga input for the text

thanks adder for the suggestion
so if i pick sony ex500 then for the monitor part can i use both connectors hdmi for games & movies & vga input for the text

Yes you can.But VGA supports resolution of only upto 1360 x768.
While text is still readable in HDMI at 1920x1080 ,the Sony image processing treats it as a video and applies video timing.
Some Sony lcd owners didn't even know that text mode offered better readability of text,until reading the manual or after being told.

What my experience has suggested, with my LCD..... 100/200Hz true motion ruins the movie experience, it adds so much fluid motion to the movie that it starts to give a documentary feel rather than a feature film .... So while watching movies I keep it off all together .....

Strangely while gaming (with HD5850 on full 1080p) its the other way round, the fluid motion actually adds to a better frame rate (for what ever reason) and actually makes the game look better (specially fact paced games) and so I keep it on high while playing games .......

Your best bet is,,,,, choose a TV that has the option of turning this thing off as well, else you would be stuck with disappointment, if you do not like it while its turned on (with movies) and you dont have the option to turn it off

Lastly .....the text looks absolutely sharp on full HD (may be not as sharp as a high res monitor) but not as bad as to claim it crap ... (atleast I guarantee for my LCD)......... make sure you have a decent display adapter, which has some adjustments to offer, as its quite possible that the desktop is out of border once you plug your PC in. The LCD should have multiple scanning options and as I said the display card should be of current generation.

Last edited:
thanks adder & sam9s for your useful suggestion
1) i will not connect my pc now because don't have a dedicated graphics card now but i am going to buy a pc with core i5 760 + 5850 combo in dec after that i will use my tv as a monitor

2) i can't decide which tv to buy please help me to finalize sony or samsung

3) i think text will not be a big problem but gaming is,can anyone suggest me which have better performance in games with lesser input lag sony ex500 or samsung c650 ?

Well best is for you to go and have a look in showroom and decide,there is not much of a difference b/w Sony and samsung .
Input lag in samsung depends on what panel you get.

thanks adder & sam9s for your useful suggestion
1) i will not connect my pc now because don't have a dedicated graphics card now but i am going to buy a pc with core i5 760 + 5850 combo in dec after that i will use my tv as a monitor

2) i can't decide which tv to buy please help me to finalize sony or samsung

3) i think text will not be a big problem but gaming is,can anyone suggest me which have better performance in games with lesser input lag sony ex500 or samsung c650 ?

Loads of threads on TV suggestions, just search the forums ... :) . And input lag should not be problem with either Sony or Samsung. Just audition both and see what fits your budget ...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back