Sony revises Bluray player BDP380 price from Rs8900 to Rs5900/-

m.a.sara

Sony revises Bluray player BDP380 price from Rs8900 to Rs5900/-. Is the END of DVD players nearing?:clapping:

source: HTstore facebook page

Yes. Info not available except on facebook page of htstore.in

But I'm hoping it is true as htstore may have got some inside info from their distributors. Lets see...

I had predicted some time ago that the prices of Bly-ray players will dip below US$100 by 2011 end. That did happen.

The DVD Player market was ruled by Panasonic and Pioneer. The premier players in the mass market Blu-ray players have been Samsung and LG. Sony dies not have a say as it's market share and reach is very small. I have seen Pioneer just starting to gain momentum and I am sure they will define the way the market is driven. They have huge experience in the player market.

I am also foreseeing a change in the way players are made. I am waiting for the day when one of the major manufacturers will enter the media player market and will deliver a media player cum Blu-ray player. That will completely redefine the market.

Ultimately players will become small computer systems that can play media, optical media, and surf and play stiff from the Net. Maybe even a new OS will be defined something that has an XBMC as the only player. Now that is a good idea!

Cheers

The price is applicable everywhere I think...

Went to the Sony Center in Phoenix mall yesterday and the player was available for 5990.

Hi all,

I can confirm that this player is available at Sony Centre, Jayanagar for Rs 5,990 + plus two blu ray movies free.

I saw it myself.

Good news for people looking for this player. They also have stock.

I saw at least 20 players in the showroom itself!!!!

Unfortunately I cant look at this player, (Please refer my wanted thread Pioneer BDP 51FD.)

So guys enjoy.

Vinod R

Last edited:
Sony did not do very well last quarter and without a strong pipeline of products, they don't appear to have any strategy to turn the company around anytime soon. My feeling is that this is the reason for the price drop. You can expect more Sony products to be priced cheaper as the competition heats up in most of the product sets.

The last time I was in US, I saw an Philips BR player for $65! these type of offers will add more pressure on Sony and it will only make their position worse unless the come with something interesting in the next 12 - 18 months.

Sony did not do very well last quarter and without a strong pipeline of products, they don't appear to have any strategy to turn the company around anytime soon. My feeling is that this is the reason for the price drop. You can expect more Sony products to be priced cheaper as the competition heats up in most of the product sets.

The last time I was in US, I saw an Philips BR player for $65! these type of offers will add more pressure on Sony and it will only make their position worse unless the come with something interesting in the next 12 - 18 months.

I quite agree with the above statement as Sony has been losing on their TV divison in the last 2 years and their moniker "Trinitron" does not work any more.

Their new chairman has vowed to turn things around for Sony.

So this may be one of the strategies that they wish to adopt.

Vinod R

My friend has Sony BDP-S380 model and he reported when he wanted to watch a DVD on that player, it stopped after a minute with the message that protected by CINEVIA, cannot procced further. Maybe the dvd was not original one.
Anyway googled it and found some info on cinevia menace.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY) [Archive] - SlySoft Forum

I guess most of the blu-ray players are infested with this program now.
Another way of controlling the market.:sad:

Cheers.

I had predicted some time ago that the prices of Bly-ray players will dip below US$100 by 2011 end. That did happen.

The DVD Player market was ruled by Panasonic and Pioneer. The premier players in the mass market Blu-ray players have been Samsung and LG. Sony dies not have a say as it's market share and reach is very small. I have seen Pioneer just starting to gain momentum and I am sure they will define the way the market is driven. They have huge experience in the player market.

I am also foreseeing a change in the way players are made. I am waiting for the day when one of the major manufacturers will enter the media player market and will deliver a media player cum Blu-ray player. That will completely redefine the market.

Ultimately players will become small computer systems that can play media, optical media, and surf and play stiff from the Net. Maybe even a new OS will be defined something that has an XBMC as the only player. Now that is a good idea!

Cheers

bingoo..u were absolutly right!!

Cheers

Jai ho Venkat baba ki ;)

guyz i m planning to buy good 3d bluray player..bt not very expensive..plz plz plz gv some suggestions..blu ray player is the only thing,missing in my home theatre set up..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back