Sony Sound bar

muks1224

Is the Sony sound bar X8500 is any good
For Atmos, it costs 30k.anybody auditioned it? I have a 5.1 with Denon avr ,just wanted to try out Atmos ,confused between a Atmos AVR and Sound bar with Atmos.

For Atmos, it costs 30k.anybody auditioned it? I have a 5.1 with Denon avr ,just wanted to try out Atmos ,confused between a Atmos AVR and Sound bar with Atmos.

Haven't heard the Sony sound bar X 8500.. But if you wish for Atmos experience, then swapping your existing 5.1 AVR to an AVR capable of handling 2 (or) 4 overheads would be better choice.. 4 overheads would give you more immersive feel..

You can also try Polk Audio for this price range.

Sony recently introduced a 2.1 sound bar HT-X8500.
1. It supports e-arc (supports pass thru upto Dolby Atmos codec)
2. Can decode Dolby atmos and DTS X

Specs are as follows

POWER OUTPUT (rated)
Front L + Front R: 32 W + 32 W (at
6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 64 W (at 3 ohms, 100 Hz,
1% THD)
POWER OUTPUT (reference)
Front L/Front R speaker: 50 W (per
channel at 6 ohms, 1 kHz)
Subwoofer: 100 W (at 3 ohms, 100 Hz)

As already mentioned. Sell your avr and upgrade to an atmos one, I have the Denon 1500h which I got for just about 50k.

After that, just get satellites for Atmos. I use the Cambridge Audio Minx Min12 and they do a stellar job.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back