Sony vs Lg vs Samsung, which one?

nitkan

Hi Guys,

Need a bit of help/ pointers here. Planning to buy our first big screen TV. Did some research and have taken below decisions on my requirement:-

1)Zeroed on 40-42'', Budget of 50k-60k, max.
2) LCD TV ( Plasma consumes more power and LED is expensive/ beyond budget)
3) Usage wud be 60% Tata sky+ 30% movies using USB/External drive/laptop and 10% Games.
4) Full HD or at least HD Ready

I have shortlisted below models :-

1)Sony Bravia KLV-40EX400(58k) - Looks superb, better brand
2)Samsung LA40C550(58k) - Looks superb, better brand, bit expensive than Sony
3)LG 42LH70YR(50k) - Seems to be cheapest with offers going on and has good feature-set.
4) LG LD460 (53k) - Suggested by Adishwar guys and seeing it in these forums.

So, which one you guys have found better or have experience with? Any other model in similar price range?

Recently I purchased Samsung LA40C550 and i am satisfied with the features and performance till now ... This purchase was made after digging lot of information from the net

y not have a demo on lgld650 which has awesome pq and great features?sammy are good in lcd........

Hi, from my personal experience, the picture quality of Sony is brilliant. I feel it is better than the other brands. However, Samsung is 2nd best to me as per your choices.

All the best

Hi Nitkan, what about the panasonic? Check the other 42V20 thread in this forum. I am also on the look out and found the panasonic V20 to be a class apart from the rest of TVs you have chosen. You can get it for about 65k without barganining. Samsung is good in terms of Widgets but picture wise panny is better. (My opinion),I got an oral quote for about 60k in Bangalore, if you want I can check it out this weekend.

Go for Sony and you will never regret

Does Sony offer extended warranty? In absence of extended warranty risk of spending money on repairs is high. On this forum itself, you can see lots of examples (Including Sony) where TV has gone bad after warranty period.

hi

LCD sony is the best in picture/colors displayed, u can clearly see when 3 brands are kept side by side. though I gather sony buys the display panel from samsung, the colors are so different in bcz of sony processing engine.

second best is samsung, if u are really keen on watching fast moving objects like sports, gaming etc then also check for good screen refresh rate. 100hz & above.

Thanx
Hari

Haven't been able to decide yet. I thought there would be some offers during X-mas time, but so far no one has come out with any offer.

Thought of Sony BX400( Ex or NX400 barely have any edge over it,compared to additional price). Moreover, it seem to play MPEG2 format and I mostly would be playing ripped/downloaded avi movie files. So could be pain converting to new formats.

Didn't get much reviews on Samsung.

Making up my mind for LG LD460 for now. read good reviews and seems value of money. Every new tech would get obsolete in 3-4 yrs anyways and again look at buying one after few years. Adishwar guys quoted 53k for this.

Haven't been able to decide yet. I thought there would be some offers during X-mas time, but so far no one has come out with any offer.

Thought of Sony BX400( Ex or NX400 barely have any edge over it,compared to additional price). Moreover, it seem to play MPEG2 format and I mostly would be playing ripped/downloaded avi movie files. So could be pain converting to new formats.

Didn't get much reviews on Samsung.

Making up my mind for LG LD460 for now. read good reviews and seems value of money. Every new tech would get obsolete in 3-4 yrs anyways and again look at buying one after few years. Adishwar guys quoted 53k for this.

Also look at samsung C530 . LD 460 is a good model but 53k is too high.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back