Sound Card with Co-Axial Output

Hi.

I have a Home Theatre System with a co-axial input. I need to route 5.1 sound from my computer to this receiver, but am unable to locate a sound card with co-axial output. Creative has a model, but seems to be out of stock. Can anyone suggest where such a sound card can be purchased, either online or in in Mumbai (Bombay), India?

If a sound card with co-axial output is not available, is there any alternative I can use, such as a 5.1 sound card which is easily available along with any cable or adaptor that can connect to the co-axial input of the receiver?

I would like to have a solution which causes minimum loss in quality of sound.

Will appreciate any suggestions and solutions.

Thanks.
Huzeifa

One can easily make a coaxial port from the spdif header of the motherboard without spending too much. I think recently FM 'Santy' has posted a thread on this.

Hi. I checked the config. S/PDIF port is not available on the mother board. Apparently, this type of motherboard is generally not available in India.

Seems like my only option is to keep hunting for a 5.1 sound card with a co-axial output. Please let me know if anyone has any further suggestions.

Thanks
Huzeifa

this type of motherboard is generally not available in India.

i suspect that lots of motherboards have S/PDIF out headers. Mine certainly does: it is a not-very-special Gigabyte board, bought in Chennai two or three years ago.

Another option might be a USB-->S/PDIF converter. I have no idea about the 5.1 aspect, though, having never used more than 2 channels.

PS... I just saw this thread. Might give you the information you need.

Head over to Lamington road and browse around, you should find a card that has COAX out on it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back