Sound issue from LH front speaker

ramtirath

Hi all, I’m using Denon 1912 Avr with KEF front speakers. Recently I found that sound from LH speaker is coming very little and I get it confirmed from channel level test tone. Sound is very less while all other speakers are working fine. I tried everything by disconnecting all cables and replacing cables with each other. I suppose there is issue in LH connectors of avr. can anybody suggest some solution before I can get my avr to service centre.
Thanks

Did you try swapping the speaker with the current LR? Does that speaker also have less level?

MaSh

Can you connect your right speaker to the left speaker cables of your amp. If you still get reduced sound, then it is the left channel of your amp to blame.

If you get normal volume in the above experiment, then your left speaker or its wiring or positioning is to blame.

Yes. I tried that. On changing speakers with same output on avr result was same on both speakers.
Thanks
Hmm in that case something not right with the receiver. Better to show to the service guy before spoiling it further.

MaSh

I might be sounding daft. But did you by any chance check the volume levels set in the avr.

And secondly what is the source you are using. And how is it connected.

Hi, thanks for replying again. At same volume level sound is very bleak from L speaker while ok through all other channels. I’ve various sources (DVD, media player, iPhone music through DaC) but primary my system is connected with my TV through HDMI ARC). I observed the problem while reconnecting surround speakers after shifting my home.

Hi, thanks for replying again. At same volume level sound is very bleak from L speaker while ok through all other channels. I’ve various sources (DVD, media player, iPhone music through DaC) but primary my system is connected with my TV through HDMI ARC). I observed the problem while reconnecting surround speakers after shifting my home.

Thanks for the reply. My reason for asking about the source was to check if it was not a source related problem. As I understand that avr is being fed via hdmi only so far. But anyway I think it is best to take to the service center for sorting out this issue. Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back