Sound meter mobile app accuracy

vbutani

As mobile mic have some background noise cancellations in place, roughly how much it would be accurate compared to dedicated sound meter hardware device?

Not accurate at all.
If you use a calibrated mic then you'll be able to get frequency response fairly accurate, but for spl, it's not usually going to work

As mobile mic have some background noise cancellations in place, roughly how much it would be accurate compared to dedicated sound meter hardware device?
Completely inaccurate for the purpose of calibrating HT/Music setup. Go with a physical Meter. Will not cost more than Rs. 2500 on Amazon

Completely inaccurate for the purpose of calibrating HT/Music setup. Go with a physical Meter. Will not cost more than Rs. 2500 on Amazon
Ok, I am not planning to use it for calibration purpose, but to keep system loudness level of my system in check for ear safety! :)

Ok, I am not planning to use it for calibration purpose, but to keep system loudness level of my system in check for ear safety! :)
Yes the app would give a good idea for that purpose
Depending upon how frequently you are consume the setup, its ideal to keep the volume at your listening position below 65db in everyday use.

Ones in a while you can blast of course, after all they are called "Loudspeakers".

Any recommended apps on android? I would also like to use for the same purpose...

Yes the app would give a good idea for that purpose
Depending upon how frequently you are consume the setup, its ideal to keep the volume at your listening position below 65db in everyday use.

Ones in a while you can blast of course, after all they are called "Loudspeakers".
Thanks for the detailed info.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back