Sound Pressure Level (SPL) Meter aval in India..

elangoas

Hi All,

Wanted to buy a Digital SPL meter for a long time.. There is no way of re-checking the speakers level set by auto calibration in AVR..

I have read that slow weighting-C is reqd for setting the SPL, but not sure which of these meters have that feature - Amazon.in: sound meter

Could someone help to suggest lease expensive good one from the above link (or) sources aval in India?

If you dont need +/-0.1dB accuracy there are couple of mobile app based SPL meters which you can try to experiment. Even these needs some kind of calibration with a known level before you can use them effectively. You can try them anyways as its freeware.

If you dont need +/-0.1dB accuracy there are couple of mobile app based SPL meters which you can try to experiment. Even these needs some kind of calibration with a known level before you can use them effectively. You can try them anyways as its freeware.

Yes.. I have been using Android SPL mobile app.. But not sure how accurate it is (budget phones)..Think, depends on mobile microphone accuracy..

Just chanced upon these SPL meter in amazon and most of them are inexpensive..So thought to have a good physical meter as it is +/- 2K

Yes.. I have been using Android SPL mobile app.. But not sure how accurate it is (budget phones)..Think, depends on mobile microphone accuracy..

Just chanced upon these SPL meter in amazon and most of them are inexpensive..So thought to have a good physical meter as it is +/- 2K

ok, theaudiocrafts.com has one SPL meter in their kitty. Check out.

http://theaudiocrafts.com/tools/spl-meters

ok, theaudiocrafts.com has one SPL meter in their kitty. Check out.

SPL meters

From the link shared above, one of the products is this - Sound Level Meter Model: SL-4012 | MEXTECH Technologies India PVT LTD

Spoke to the company directly, and they gave me a quote of 4K, while the same product is listed for 3K in Flipkart and 4K in amazon.in..

When i explained the same to the company, they said they can give product for 3K without software & CD..

Since i don't have any idea on the SPL meter, could someone help me is it necessary to get the SPL with CD & software?

Also in the specs of the SPL meter, it is listed as
External DC Power supply : 6V DC, 100mA

Does it mean this is not battery powered ?

An other confusing part is
Weight :170g (Including Batteries)
from the spec sheet..

Got the SPL Meter from Flipkart during big billion sale..Rs 2,700/-..
9f04abf61b38f7a58fe06c333b4183e9.jpg
939cd3cf204625b5b669e6588969d146.jpg
f17b0567145f41072c97812caa26e7b3.jpg
51c92994b868e811b904f48f9411a92f.jpg

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

For most measurement mics comes with a calibration file which has its own sensitivity ratings. If you use such mi s then SPL meters are not required imo to take measurements.

For most measurement mics comes with a calibration file which has its own sensitivity ratings. If you use such mi s then SPL meters are not required imo to take measurements.

Right.. But that makes it dependent on PC, REW to make adjustments..

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back