Sound proofing material

GeorgeO

On a recent visit to Delhi I visited Pragati Maidan and stumbled into a stall run by Naveen Engineering Works Private Ltd.They were displaying and marketing some sound proofing materials which, to say the least, were most impressive.

For more check their site

www.acoustictreatments.in

The material is imported from the US and is quite expensive, probably more suited for commercial purposes than residential. The material that I saw comes in rolls and has to be fixed to the walls.

I wonder why these panels are not made in India ? Even if they are not made its not widely available. May be we Indians are more accustomed in living in Noisy environment !

They had a small demo cubicle which was sound proofed, and when my wife and I sent into it and closed it off the sound from outside was very effectively silenced.It was a very impressive demo.

Guys, I was looking at their "Acoustic Panels" section and there are resin bonded glasswool/rockwool panels in India available for not much money. Their NRC is also 1.0 as claimed for the panels in that web site. In the office building that I work in, they recently stripped these off from a ceiling and I examined a small piece. It's like a thermocole sheet and as light. The ones that I saw were 4 ft x 3 ft and were 1" and 2" thick. Can be very easily cut with a sharp knife. Cover them with some funky cloth and you have your acoustic panels.

Unfortunately my visit to their stall was at the very end of a visit where I was mostly a spectator( accompanying my wife and niece) and wasnt able to spend too much time.
I did get the visiting card of a Shwetank Parashar Project Coordinator, email [email protected] 9899983170, who showed me around, anyone interested could contact him. The card gives a Greater Noida address. I also told him about hifivision, and told him that I would post about their product, and gave him my visiting card.

I got no reply when I wrote to them using the form provided on the website. I hope the email/phone helps.

I had a telephonic conversation and it seems that they do only complete projects. I doubt if they would provide only a few acoustic panels or curtains.

The correct email address starts as - shweatank@....

Now this is something, the panels look really nice + they offer sound proofing solutions but not much info is given.

I did write to them as well but no response yet. Is there a demo available of the curtains?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back