Soundbar? #dilemma

coolraghav

Hiya guys

Need to purchase a soundbar for my HX750 55" in my bedroom. My TV is as far as 15 feet from my bed where I would be mostly watching.

I've listed some models seen over the net and not auditioned as I surely know i wont get time to so thatswhy i'm here asking you which one to go for.

Price range : 30-35K max.

Here are the some options ive looked upon :-
  1. Polk SurroundBar 3000
  2. Boston Acoustoics TVee 26 Soundbar
  3. SONODYNE EXBAR 300 B ACTIVE SOUNDBAR
  4. Energy Power Bar Soundbar
  5. Philips HTS7140/98 Sound bar Home Theatre System (Can this be a option or no?)

Do not wanna go for any home theatre setup due to clutter of wires or even speakers as my drawing room has good qAcoustics and Denon setup for major viewing.

Looking forward to some suggestions.

img2013020901859.jpg

then go for an stereo amp...and 2 bookshelves..
way beter than soundbar.
at 35k u will get sonodyne amp and 2 wharfedale 10 diamnd bookshelves...
if anyway soundbar is your final choice get cheaper like this

SoundBar Home Theater Speaker Harmony SoundStage 5.1 DTS Dolby Optical Coaxial | eBay

i had deals with the seller before and can say he is very good

or you can just buy long av cable and connect them from tv room into ur other room denon and long speaker wires and keep 2 new speakers in this new room.

@prosenjit ,

Thanks for your reply, i had thought about bookshelves but they will not provide me the virtual surround & woofer effect. As I think it is also much needed for a movie viewing experience.

The other room is far, my place is around 8000 sq ft.. Do not want wiring clutter.

I do have a cheap Samsung soundbar which i got free with my 64" plasma, but the sound isn't worth a crap.

okay you want the movie exp with the tv ...
then i am afraid soundbar wil be also very unimpressive to you.
may i know the source/player with tv...as per ur plan?

okay you want the movie exp with the tv ...
then i am afraid soundbar wil be also very unimpressive to you.
may i know the source/player with tv...as per ur plan?

I just want good sound with less clutter. I auditioned Bose soundbar @croma but couldn't find it worth enough. (Rs. 1.10L)

HDMI from Tatasky to TV then TOSLINK from TV to soundbar.

Streaming all the movies (1080p bluray rips 10-15gigs) /music from my HTPC via DLNA and SEN youtube etc.

Pls don't get carried away by the minimalist look of a sound bar. Most of them sound basic and even the KEF passive sound bar is at best sub par when compared to seperate speakers like what I currently have (Wharfedale)

With your budget, you can look at HTiB with Denon or Yamaha with possible largest speakers. You do not have to install all the speakers. I only have 3.1 installed (Front Left, Front Right and Center). You will still get a better SQ than a Sound bar. My 2 cents.

I have a very similar requirement,mine is a 64" Samsung TV and viewing distance is 15 feet.
I preferred to save money and get an Edifier S730 2.1 for 15K.
Do give that one a look.

Pls don't get carried away by the minimalist look of a sound bar. Most of them sound basic and even the KEF passive sound bar is at best sub par when compared to seperate speakers like what I currently have (Wharfedale)

With your budget, you can look at HTiB with Denon or Yamaha with possible largest speakers. You do not have to install all the speakers. I only have 3.1 installed (Front Left, Front Right and Center). You will still get a better SQ than a Sound bar. My 2 cents.

Thanks for your reply, I did purchase onkyo hts 5405 but woofer was too big for my requirement. Placement made for woofer cannot be of height more than 10-11". Now that onkyo has been given to my cousin..
I have always found receivers better to use but then putting three speakers and not the rest 2 seems little awkward neither i found those satellite speakers (of hts-5405) having any fantastic sound.

Moreover, I'm a guy who'll definitely see look of the system before purchasing and some of the soundbars out there do look amazin!

Last edited:
For your bedroom sound bar would be a good choice in my opinion. I have auditioned Polk Audio 3000, one of the similar Philips you mentioned and Harman Kardon SB16. To me HK SB16 was best and it has a wireless 10" sub and the sound is deep and very good for TV/Movie. Worst sound among all was Philips. Polk Audio is good for small room I guess, you should look for Polk SurroundBar 6000 but I haven't heard it anytime.

but for HK SB16, I guess they discontinued it from Indian market, I am not sure, so please check if it is there, if not, you can check with JBL one, available in HTStore.in still (JBL Soundbar SB300), which has a wireless 8" sub and the sound is comparable with HK, as I heard it when someone else was auditioning and not sitting near it.

Last edited:
before joining this forum, I was auditioning sound bars. In that course I auditioned Polk Audio SB 3000, Philips and Harman kardon SB16. Also a Samsung one and its worthless. To me Harman Kardon sounded best (better than some HTIB from Sony/Philips though no real 5.1 in it) and it has a 10" powered sub, though it is huge in size but it is stylish and wireless. Also heard JBL SB300 sound bar, felt may be comparable with HK, with a wireless 8" powered sub. JBL is available online in HTStore.in

[Mods, previously I posted similar post in this thread and may contain wrong info, please donn't approve tht.]

Thanks for all your replies...

If i'm getting YHT-S400 somehow for around 35K. is it worth it? has anyone ever auditioned it. I think receiver is a good part.

Thanks for all your replies...

If i'm getting YHT-S400 somehow for around 35K. is it worth it? has anyone ever auditioned it. I think receiver is a good part.

I listened to it once, its great for movies - the receiver cum subwoofer is a great innovation. Do google its reviews, pretty good.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back