• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Soundbar for both movies and music!!!

homur

Need a good soundbar that outputs excellent audio quality . Doesn't matter whether it features surround or atmos sounding. Important thing, It should give wide sound stage for both movies and music. I know its difficult to get wide sound stage from a soundbar. However i need the one that gives best.

Note: I'm planning to connect this with my Sony 55" x9000f tv.

Thanks in advance.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

rikhav

Naim MUSO

No pseudo surround but for music it's the best I have heard

homur

I've shortlisted some of the good soundbars.
1. Jbl bar 3.1
2. Polk magnifi mini
3. polk command bar
4. Sonos beam
So far I've auditioned jbl, yamaha, samsung and sony soundbars. Only the Jbl bar 3.1 is sounded excellent to my taste. Haven't auditioned polk or sonos beam soundbar yet.

homur

While searching for the good soundbar, came across Samsung HW-MS650. And lot praise for its audio quality.
Could not find this particular model online, can anyone help where can i find this?

Vivek Batra

I am using the same Sony TV and can't be more happy than Sony HT ST 5000. Before investing in to my system I was enjoying music on the same sound bar. Give it a listen. Better for movies with Dolby sound than pure music listening.

homur

The one from Polk is also good, 15k on amazon I think.
I think polk magnifi mini costs ~24k and polk command bar costs 30k on amazon. How it sounds when comparing with jbl bar 3.1. ?

I am using the same Sony TV and can't be more happy than Sony HT ST 5000. Before investing in to my system I was enjoying music on the same sound bar. Give it a listen. Better for movies with Dolby sound than pure music listening.
Never auditioned this. I believe it costs nearly the price of my tv. It way out of my budget.

Thank you guys for your suggestions. Much appreciated :)

SPONSORED ADS

BLASTO

Let us first remove the elephant in the room. You are not going to enjoy music with a soundbar (period). It requires a HDMI connection and is top to bottom optimised for multi-channel audio. You cant ask a horse to climb a tree to evaluate its performance.
I have a sony RT500. It is very good for movies and general TV, Netflix, hotstar etc. It is also great for multichannel music from youtube etc. But wont do stereo music well, dont even try. It does real 5.1 channel audio and TV shoes like game of thrones comes to life. You wont miss a dedicated system in a bedroom sized room.
It has additionally excellent integration with sony TVs.
3.1 or virtual 5.1 is going to be a compromise anyday since most new contents in prime, Netflix and hotstar are coming in with 5.1 audio. If you are looking for such setup, I recommend it.
You can drop by for checking out if you are in hyd. Else if you city has PAI electronics, they might have a good setup with rear channels rather than scattering the speakers everywhere. They had a good setup in hyd.
JBL was good but was overall brighter than sony and I liked the sony better.

nphutane

I recently picked up Polk Audio Magnifi Mini. It does make a big difference when watching contents of the likes of TataSky HD, Amazon Prime and BluRay as against previously when I used to watch it on TV speakers. Everyone at home is thoroughly enjoying this new experience. :)

However as I am also inclined towards music, I would say it nowhere comes close to replacing any simple budget stereo setups.

SPONSORED ADS