Soundbars - wait - Polk or Def tech

iRock

Folks...
I know most of the Guru's here are not big fan of sound bars... BUT ... I can not have anything other than sound bar at this time hence this effort...

Does anyone have experience in Polk Surround Bar -50 and\or Def Tech Mythos SSA-50. I am not interested in active bars, but passive ones which I can drive thru receiver

If anyone has experience with any of these then please please do update...

I am searching for these guys so that I can audition these babies

Thanks for all your time ... and appreciate your help - in advance

Re: Soundbars - Request for infor please

Anyone ... Please do post your reviews\opinions for passive sound bars...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Soundbars - Request for infor please

Anyone ... Please do post your reviews\opinions for passive sound bars...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Try Boston TVee 20. It comes with a wireless sub-woofer. Costs around
Rs. 20K. You can use your TV remote to control it. It does not come with a remote of its own, but can learn your TV's remote commands. Once learned, your TV volume level controls the volume level of TVee 20 (more like variable audio out).

There's only one input (2-channel analogue).

Regds

If you want to purchase in India, suggest you visit philips arena. They some good soundbars. I really liked the Yamaha one Philips arena had!B

If you can get from US, look at Def Tech and nothing else. Stay away from Polk.

Remember, SB are even more environment sensitive, so an audition is not going to really help because at home environment they might sound completely different as they rely a lot on acoustics of the environment. So base your decision on reviews also.

Last edited:
hi,

I feel the soud bars you are suggesting are bit costly. Possibility that the person who wants to spend that kind of money would prefer to go for mid range HT package. this is just my opinion.

Is the sony soundbar avaliable at any showrrom? I had checked at Sony's Pune showroom and according to them the soundbar is not available. In fact, it was never seperately sold but was offered free with sony 3D tvs last diwali.
hi,

difficult to find sony soundbar then you may try harman kardon at camp area jbl showroom on east street. they have complete range of jbl and harman kardon systems.

Look out for Yamaha Soundbars... They create phenomenal sound stage... Got reflecting technology creating a 5.0 like sound... I guess even HTstore (lokesh's ) got one in his clearance sale..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back