I am taking baby steps into the world of DIY speakers, which mandates the need for a FR measurement system. I am looking for a cheap, proven soundcard to test the waters, preferably from the below list given on ARTA website:
- RME Fireface UFX, UC, UCX, Fireface 800, RME Fireface 400, RME HDSP
- M-Audio Audiophile 2496, USB Transit, Mobile USB Pre, Firewire Solo
- Axys D-AudioCard (mixer does not work on Windows 8)
- Echo Gina24, Echo Layla 24, Echo Indigo I/O (notebook)
- EMU 1820M, 1616M, 0204USB, 0404USB (*), EMU USB Tracker Pre (*)
- YAMAHA GO46 and Terratec Firewire FWX24 (sample rate mnually tuned) (*)
- Marian Trace Alpha, Terratec EWX 24/96 (*)
- Focusrite Scarlett USB serie
- Steinberg UR-22 USB audio interface
- Digigram VxPocket 440 (*) - a notebook PCMCIA card
- TASCAM US-122 (*), US122L, Infrasonic Quartet, Sound Devices USBPre2
- Creative Soundblaster X-Fi (works on all sampling frequencies in sound creation mode)
- ESI Juli, U24 XL, ESI Quatafire 610, EgoSys Waveterminal 24
- Creative Soundblaster Live 24 (*) and Extigy-USB (*), Audigy ZS laptop, but only at 48kHz sampling frequency,
- Turtle Beach Pinnacle and Fuji (*)
- Soundblaster MP3+ USB (notice: don't install SB driver, use a Windows default driver)
Cheaper, the better as it goes.
If anyone has any offers, please PM.
Thanks in advance,
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.