SoundFoundations brings MOGAMI to India

magma

SoundFoundations is pleased to announce that it will start selling interconnects, speaker and pro audio cables from Mogami, Japan.

It took some patience and persuasion, but we managed to convince them to re-enter the Indian market through us.(authorized dealer)

It is well-known that Mogami has a huge catalogue of all kinds of cables for myriad applications. Most of their cables are targeted at the pro audio market, but what is less well-known is that some of these pro audio cables make excellent audio cables for domestic audio. You have read enthusiastic endorsements and reviews on this very forum and elsewhere. What is even lesser known is the fact that Mogami makes cables for hi end audio cable OEMs. You won't find such cables in Mogami's catalogue as they're badged with the OEM's name since they're usually made according to the specifications of the respective OEMs. And they're usually sold for huge premiums.

Many of you probably know that there are just a handful of cable manufacturing companies in the world.Mogami, being one of them and made exclusively in Japan is arguably one of the best

SoundFoundations is happy to bring to you from Mogami's OEM catalogue their top speaker cable and a couple of interconnects. These cables are badged "Mogami" as Mogami cannot sell it badged with the OEM's name for obvious reasons.However we hope to have the SoundFoundations badge on them one day

SoundFoundations has also picked up factory terminated speaker cables with true 24K gold plated terminations. These are very well made cables with very high quality terminations.

SoundFoundations will announce availability in the near future. The product line will be expanded gradually and we will make announcements as and when they become available to Indian audiophiles.

The cables will be available online through your favourite hifimart.com online store

TSqNqNb.jpg

UWHHNCK.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Magma !
Excellent;
This is a Super Cable.
Excellent VFM.
Most of our FM's will benefit from this.
Get a big range in.
I am sure it will do well.
All the Best !
:)

Wow! Congratulations, magma! They do make excellent cables. I had to buy them online 2 years back because they weren't available here then.

This is a great move, and I'm really happy to see that Mogami is being represented in India by a serious enthusiast like you.

Congratulations! A great product by all measures.
Well done on convincing them to come to India with you!

Congratulations Magma for pulling this off!

Have heard a lot about these cables;now I hope to 'hear' them in my system - price permitting (of course)!

Best,
APK

thanks
guys

pricing is pretty decent
apk

considering customs duties and VAT ( 28% and 12.5 % in INDIA as opposed to the 4% and 7.5% in many other countries )
our raw cable pricing i would say is pretty darn great
You have to consider that a 2.5m pair converts to approx 17 feet of cable ( total)

And when in comes to factory terminated
i think we are at par !!!
considering theres only 1 other dealer in the world that really offers mogami factory terminated cable ( and not termination done by them )

Hi

the speaker cable pics are on the first post

the interconnects
JOshua has hogged them all !!!

for testing

so i wont be able to post till i get them back

Pricing
I cant really state here since many dealers have ordered from me too
So im not really sure what to do

however
one can always mail me
[email protected]

Pricing
I cant really state here since many dealers have ordered from me too
So im not really sure what to do [/email]

Ali, the end pricing must be transparent and same irrespective of where I buy it from. You must fix the MRP (including or excluding CST and local taxes) for the whole country. The pricing for the dealers must be something you fix based on the profits you want and his margin. Most dealers work on a 25-30% margin. You must also insist that no dealer sells outside his area and does not offer discount outside his area. Discounts must be individual client based and available only to the client. All Mogami products can be shipped easily, so dealers will have the temptation to poach outside their area. Buyers will also be be tempted to speak to multiple dealers to see if they can get a better deal.

So irrespective of whether I buy from you, hifimart, or the local dealer, I must get the same price. If you sell at different prices at different places, you will piss off either the client or the dealer, and kill your business. You must be ready to guillotine a dealer who misbehaves.

Before you put the products on the market, work out the pricing and a very clear agreement with all dealers, including online sellers. Do NOT ship a product to any dealer unless he signs the agreement.

I have done this before, and if you need some help, I am available.

Cheers

Last edited:
I agree with venkatcr

People like transparency and of course you are providing the convenience of rupee payment.

Regards

I have done this before, and if you need some help, I am available.

Cheers

thanks venkat
Please expect a PM in this regard

for me this is new territory
i am more used to manufacturing
and having all my goods packed off to a distributor who normally handles pricing for the retail markets

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back