Source for high-resolution Tamil/Malayalam film songs from the 80s

indialogue

Can anyone point me to some good sources? Doesn't necessarily have to be P2P/torrent sites, am happy to purchase as well if they are of good quality, minimum 320kbps/v0 or better still FLAC. A couple of CDs that I've purchased have either been really poorly mastered or the old 80s gear really was bad!

I wonder, is there any interest in these markets to re-master old recordings/back catalogues from the likes of AVM? Even the so-called DVD releases of the films from this era need an urgent refresh. This before/after pic from wikipedia shows whats possible!

Remaster.png

Hi , Good Example you have shown, But from business point of view Digitizing the film would worth in getting the money back, but the Audio are not so. Am afraid that due to the threatening of Sharing the media in via Internet in portals stopping the Music Business think of remastering the Audio's.
Please leave me a Note in case you got to know some source for me too. But concern to me ,LP would be the ultimate solution,Its like a treasure Hunt+Hobby. Where you could expect atleast 80% of the satisfied quality.

So search for LP's\Original CD's +Rip them to Digital Media+ preserve the LP for next generation.

But from business point of view Digitizing the film would worth in getting the money back, but the Audio are not so. Am afraid that due to the threatening of Sharing the media in via Internet in portals stopping the Music Business think of remastering the Audio's.
But right now, this music is just stuck on old DATs or reels and not earning any money anyways! I'd be interested to understand from the forum, what the typical cost of doing this remastering would be? I might be optimistic but I think some movie soundtracks like Mouna Ragam etc., will earn enough money from local HiFi enthusiasts + NRIs looking to get better versions. What do you think?

Please leave me a Note in case you got to know some source for me too. But concern to me ,LP would be the ultimate solution,Its like a treasure Hunt+Hobby. Where you could expect atleast 80% of the satisfied quality.

So search for LP's\Original CD's +Rip them to Digital Media+ preserve the LP for next generation.
Haha, I wish I did know something to share. I've seen some FLAC files floating around but I doubt the quality of the source and dont want to waste time downloading crap. Your solution with LPs would be perfect for patient people. I'm not therefore the post here :lol: BTW, people who are ripping these should be sharing as well to keep it alive, otherwise no one from the next generation will get to hear these classics!! :D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back