south indian carnatic CD's

M

mpw

Hi

I am looking to buy titles of south indian carnatic CD's - like Palghat mani Iyer Mridangam solo's / other famour artists..

i want to expand my CD collection.

request you to please suggest titles especially the well recorded ones..

regards
mpw

Hi

I am looking to buy titles of south indian carnatic CD's - like Palghat mani Iyer Mridangam solo's / other famour artists..

regards
mpw

Sometime back Jochen from Bangalore had a lot of Carnatic Music CDs for sale. All from European and US labels. Just contact him: [email protected]

Hi

regards
mpw

try getting CDs from a label called 'Charsur'. They are one of the few Indian companies that make reasonably decent recordings of 'carnatic' music.
https://charsur.com/

best,
apk

Hi

regards
mpw

There were some good carnatic music LPs with FM shafic. Just ping him and try your luck.

Look also at WaterLilyAcoustics. At least you can be sure of that the recording quality is very good.

BTW some 25 years ago when they were still producing some of the best sounding vinyl records in the market, the label owner Kavichandran Alexander invented the One Step Pressing Process which resulted in more dynamics and details. Today MFSL re-invented (one can also say copies) this technology and makes a big noise about it and sells these One Step Pressings for 150 USD a piece.:sad:

Hi

Am looking for more titles... South Indian Carnatic

Actually... Looking for good music and good pressings in general

CD will be nice though vinyl not ruled out

PM me..

Thanks

Reviving this post..

Anyone ?
Hi Mahesh,
தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்!!
I have few Carnatic LPs in excellent condition. Sending you details via mail.
Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back