Spatial Computer+Prism Orpheus+Symphonic Line Kraftwerk+Emerald Physics

sameer kumar

photo16d.jpg

Room Size:
11w x 18l x 9h

Listening Impressions
Clean,Open,live like and very satisfying sound.

Music Preferences
Everything except Rap, Hip hop.

Source:
Mac-mini with Spatial computer HD music server with digital room correction and Prism Orpheus Firewire DAC.

Amplification:
Symphonic Line Kraftwerk.

Loud speakers:
Emerald Physics CS3. ..........Upgrading soon to Emerald Physics CS2.7

Cables:
Symphonic Line Reference. & Gotham ICs, Custom made speaker cables.

Power Conditioner & Power Chords
Usher Audio.

Audio Rack:
Usher Audio.

Other Components:
SERVOMAX Servo stabiliser

Tuning and Tweaks
Four DIY Bass Traps placed behind the curtain and Agora Aoustics Hexa pads placed under Mac-mini

Last edited:
This setup is a must experience for openness, speed and live like sound. More importantly with spatial correction, there is absolutely no bass overhang, no boom even at higher volumes

Cheers

Nice! Really like the neat, simple approach. Will definitely come for a listen if Hyd ever comes up on my radar...

Very nice setup Sameer. Appreciate more details/pics on the DIY bass traps.

Sridhar, would love to listen to a spatial computer based setup. Please let me know whenever you happen to setup one next in Bangalore. TIA.

Congrats Sameer. I've been fortunate to hear the Spatial Computer + Emerald Physics combo and it was super impressive. Excellent detail and soundstage and for lack of a better word very "enveloping".

You must be very happy enjoying this sound on a daily basis!

Awesome setup! I have had the good fortune to listen to this setup and it is neutral, warm, open and dynamic. The combination of spatial audio and prism is just amazing, and the prism orpheus is the best sounding DAC I have heard period. Also the open baffle EP speakers perform very well by disappearing entirely and throwing a wide and deep soundstage.
The kraftwerk integrated is in an entirely different league and IMO is the backbone of this setup.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Very nice setup Sameer. Appreciate more details/pics on the DIY bass traps.

Sridhar, would love to listen to a spatial computer based setup. Please let me know whenever you happen to setup one next in Bangalore. TIA.

Santosh
We have Spatial setup in the showroom, you are welcome to come by :)

and the prism orpheus is the best sounding DAC I have heard period.

Yes, it is one of the best DAC money can buy and at approx $5k for new its great value of money for the features it has.

They are launching newer even more affordable version called Lyra1&2 which is getting released in November aiming at small studio and home mixing environment.

DREAM DA-2 is their top of the line and if true the source is what one needs then the search will end with DREAM DA-2.:)

Back