speaker/amp combo for fatigue free listening..

amateur

Hi,

could you suggest me some good amp + speaker combo for fatigue free listening ? Usage wise : 60% music 40% movies.

may even start just with amp + L/R speakers and later on add the centre speakers.

amp choices that I have in mind : denon x500
thinking of these speakers - wharfedale 121 , QAcoustics

shouldn't cause ear fatigue - that's the prime requirement with good soundstage.

Budget: 50- 75K
room size : 10x10 a bedroom or could put them in living area which is of 10x14 that extends to another dining area of 10x10

suggestions welcome.

I will try to go and audition, however, views from experienced people are always nice to hear.

Kindly suggest me the options.

my suggestion for music is to buy stereo amp. and speaker combo.. personally i dislike to listen songs from av receivers.. and even i liked to watch movies from this combo than 5.1 speaker set ups..

i owned q acoustics 2020i and marantz pm 6004 which is both are soft and work very well for both music and movies..

in my opinion , you will mostly dont get harsh sound from av receiver for music..

speakers that you mentioned both are very good models, and equal quality and nearly same price levels..you will not get any wrong to buy any of these models..

denon is best for your taste (soft) but anyway just listen demo..

-suresh babu

Amateur,

If you looking for Music then Stereo set-up would be the Best and for Movies the AV could do well on the Surrounding effects.

Denon should be a good Choise for Movies+Music.

Even I like to watch Movies in Stereo Rather than AV.Only issue with Stereo(Might be my personal Opinion) The Vocal would not be better for Action Movies compared to Center Speaker delivering the Vocal.

Try for Fronts+Center for Movies and Front Only for Music. If you Like you could continue with this Combo.

I have head people say that 3.1 Set Up the model for Pro Logic.But i was using 3.1 IN DIFFERENT WAY like Center+Rear.

The Vocal would come very perfectly from the center on to your Face :) and the Rear would just make you feel the Surrounding effect.

Conclusion- Have a demo on Denon +Wharsfs combo+ and give a try to Adding center too and Decide

yes , now a days i listened only in stereo amp.(2 speakers) for DVD movies also.. this is my personal taste.. for my taste , this is more than enough and excellent open sound than av receiver.. and also less space..

-suresh babu

if you go for stereo you would get much better sound quality at the given budget. since youre buying lesser components but better specifications.

for fatigue free listening you should go with a neutral to warm setup. the brightness in a setup increases listening fatigue. the yamaha would be a good amp in your budget. the as500 should be good. for speakers you could check out kef q series bookshelves

am thinking of this combo - PM6500 Marantz + Klipsch Reference series book shelf that I already have.

Marantz is a very good amp. Better than the Yamaha. Though I think the price is higher. Am not a fan of klipsch. But I haven't heard the model you're talking about so can't really comment. Its very important to audition before you buy esp since you have particular listening requirments

thanks, unfortunately I have the speakers available with me , want to go for Marantz anyway and change the speakers later if I don't like it.

thanks, will surely try, due to tight budget, first one will only be PM6005 and then an upgrade of speakers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back