Speaker Auditions - Elac Adante, Kef Q950

Rajeshh

My friend who's been keen to upgrade from his ELAC UB5 speakers to the ELAC Adante, get a call from the dealer saying that they have finally received stock of the Adante.

This mandates a trip to Adelphi, the Hifi Mecca of Singapore, the speakers are fresh of out the box and hardly have an hour of play.

First impressions - They look massive & very well built, I removed the grills which are magnetic/metallic. The speakers look much better without the grills. They have no rear ports.
Right out of the box, the fries thing i notice is the brilliant imaging, i know this dealer room well, and haven't heard this kind of imaging there with any of his other speakers.

The bass is fast, tight and plentiful. The mids are lifelike and gorgeous. The highs are clean with the same ELAC signature as the Unifi range.
By comparison the Unifi's highs seem congested.

All in all, brilliant speakers, and a bargain for the price, a definite buy for my friend in Jan 2018.

The Towers are huge!, but i personally preferred the Stand-mounters due to their superior imaging, but that could be because of the cluttered space & the fact that the towers had 0 hours of play on them.

http://

Last edited:
The KEF showroom is right next door, and so we step in there. The dealer is a friendly chap, he has the new Q series on display, we get him to hook them and play.

This is a beautiful looking speaker in white, they are rather light though and have no ports at the back, which means fairly easy with room placements.
The sound is decent, a good step up from the last generation Q, but not quite up my alley. The highs could be better, the mid-range is decent, the bass is very good.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back