Speaker Cable Dilemma

Right now I am using this cable- classic 1.6 and here is the link of this cable - Supra Cables

So I would like to know from u that by switching from this cable to this cable Chord Carnival SilverScreen Speaker Cable will help me in sound quality?

Thank you.:)

Hi
You have installed your system just before a few days. I dont think its a good idea changing the speaker cables because Supra Classic is also a good speaker cable and without listening to your setup even for a few months you wont notice any difference.

Trying placing speakers as suggested by other members. All that will for sure improve the sound of your setup

Stop diagnosing the system and start enjoying it... Later time you can change speaker cables , speaker drivers , cross overs , cabinets, stands and finally ears :D

just kidding but to early to change or upgrade to next level .. so use it for a while so you know better about the + and - of the existing .

Just my 2 cents
Kittu

Stop diagnosing the system and start enjoying it... Later time you can change speaker cables , speaker drivers , cross overs , cabinets, stands and finally ears :D

Just my 2 cents
Kittu

If you really wanna diagnose, I would recommend a digital examination. Start probing gently with the index finger from the rear of your audio gear ... does the frequency become high pitched when you stick a finger somewhere? :eek:hyeah:

Then move to the mouth of the bass reflex speakers ... remember to wear rubber ... gloves ... Lubricated ones. (Need not be scented) :D

Tell us what you find :)

Cheers

I am using Supra class 4 & happy with it.I have made a connection between AVR & AMP & I find not much SQ changed.

Hi
Both are as good so jumping from one to the other makes no sense.

For the set up the Supra Classic will do just fine.

Go down the cable road at your peril!!!!!!

Rgds

Hi

Go down the cable road at your peril!!!!!!

Hello !

I did not understand this statement ?
Why Peril ?

With a Nad & a PSB what 'extra' will a cable make him discover ?
Is there so much present that an esoteric cable can 'unveil' ?

Would love to 'learn' !

All the Best !

Hello !

I did not understand this statement ?
Why Peril ?

With a Nad & a PSB what 'extra' will a cable make him discover ?
Is there so much present that an esoteric cable can 'unveil' ?

Would love to 'learn' !

All the Best !

The guy is using a DVD player as a source, then a basic Nad amp and PSB speakers. In my opinion use of 'great' cables is not justified. I think u are saying the same thing actually>

When I say go down the cable road at your peril I mean one has to be smart. There is so much of cable hype these days that a guy can be easily led into one cable upgrade after another.

For the set up either cable that he mentions is fine. No point in going higher.

Rgds

The guy is using a DVD player as a source, then a basic Nad amp and PSB speakers. In my opinion use of 'great' cables is not justified. I think u are saying the same thing actually>

When I say go down the cable road at your peril I mean one has to be smart. There is so much of cable hype these days that a guy can be easily led into one cable upgrade after another.

For the set up either cable that he mentions is fine. No point in going higher.

Rgds

This is what I was also trying to explain OP. Hope he understands now

"The guy is using a DVD player as a source, then a basic Nad amp and PSB speakers.In my opinion use of 'great' cables is not justified."

Changing the source is what the OP needs to do,not the cables.Even an entry level Nad or Marantz CDP would dramatically improve the overall sound.

Guys, Thank you. I am not gonna change my speaker cable then as u said there won't be any difference in sound quality.

As for DVD-Player: I don't even use it. I always use my WD TV Live to play any content, let it be flac, 320 kbps, DVD Prints, and blu-ray.

Guys, Thank you. I am not gonna change my speaker cable then as u said there won't be any difference in sound quality.

As for DVD-Player: I don't even use it. I always use my WD TV Live to play any content, let it be flac, 320 kbps, DVD Prints, and blu-ray.

If u are looking at a cheap cd player there are a few TEAC machines which are for about 7K new. Decent sounding. This info is for anyone looking at real VFM cd machines.

For the OP and others looking for decent VFM cables also look at Vandenhul. In my opinion a very well made cable. Something like the Bridge is a cracking VFM speaker cable and now the distributor has really priced the product sensibly. VDH has all prices on the website and local prices are 15 / 20 % lower than that as against most others who will charge u a mark up over international retail.

If u are DIY inclined then there are tons of options from VDH and other brands and that way u could get a great IC or speaker cable for about a 100 USD. Cable off the reel is always much cheaper than Pre terminated and guys on a budget must go that way IMO.
Rgds

I strongly suggest burning in the speakers for atleast 100 hours before you decide on the SQ being better or worse. Recommended time is 200 hours of burn-in.

BTW - speakers cables are also prone to burn-in, therefore its a good idea to let the system be for sometime.

Best idea would be to find a pink noise, white noise and sine wave samples online and burn them onto a CD to aid the burn-in process.

PS - 50 hours of burn-in on my Sennheiser CX-680 opened the lows and highs, while adding to the dynamics. I am BIG fan of the burn-in process. :p

Trying to improve the SQ of the existing setup having mediocre source using better quality cable is like trying to match performance of a 150cc Pulsar with that of a 220cc Pulsar using Nitro.

JK:D

Last edited:
oops!
abhi_jolly

Forget all the negativism -

Use finolex 2.5 sq. mm electrical wire for the
purpose-

Right from highest end to lowest end source and
amplification

WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS THE SOURCE, THE AMPLIFICATION, and THE LOUDSPEAKERS

NOT TO FORGET - THE ROOM

he he he Suri

That's what I also wanted to say. Only thing is I was on a nostalgic trip after taking in my own nitro;)

Last edited:

Unless you observe something missing in your auditions, its an absolute waste to change any component let alone cables. Upgrading for upgraditis costs money and time and more disheartenment.

Listen to your system and if you like it, no need to upgrade anything.

Using more expensive cables than supra either for your DVDP or WDTV wont bring out any differences as far as I can tell.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back