Speaker mounts for 5kg Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i

ravenus

Hi all, I am based in Mumbai and looking for locally available speaker mount options. I am in the process of converting to a surround system. I've just tested and bought Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf speakers (can't use towers / floorstanders) paired with Denon 540BT receiver and Paradigm PDR80 subwoofer. I'm planning to use my previous Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i speakers as rears and I need to wall mount those. Can someone suggest a good make of mounting bracket for these? Weight 5kg each, width 165mm, depth 265mm. Speakers cost me 13k 9 years ago, so cost should be proportional. Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

Thanks for the response. I'll look into this. Do you know if any shops in Mumbai stock this? I am a little wary of ordering online as I first want to check if it is compatible with my speaker dimensions.

Thanks for the response. I'll look into this. Do you know if any shops in Mumbai stock this? I am a little wary of ordering online as I first want to check if it is compatible with my speaker dimensions.

If you have a fabricator close to home, you could even get one custom made for your self. You could use the product pictures from the websites to give the fabricator an idea and then fine tune it to your needs.

MaSh

Thanks guys. I'll get in touch with the Magma people and enquire.
On Amazon people say they have used the Myl 6-9" width mounts for 5kg speakers and it works fine. Economical too, at 1599. Only the vendor on Amazon is asking nearly one week for delivery, and no faster shipping option. Nearby shop having the same is asking double price. If I don't get another option by today I'll just order that on Amazon and grit my teeth in anticipation.
I don't know any fabricator nearby and my own understanding is quite poor so I don't know if I should have any custom make. Does anyone know a fabricator in Ghatkopar or Chembur area in Mumbai?

Does that require the speaker to have any kind of mounting point on the back? Mine don't have any, hence I require something that clamps or supports the bottom

Does that require the speaker to have any kind of mounting point on the back? Mine don't have any, hence I require something that clamps or supports the bottom

I have not seen any indoor units having mounting points. If the bracket is away from kids reach or other flying objects like curtains, drones, etc. the speaker should be happy sitting on the bracket. You could use a 3M Hi Strength Bond Tape or Bostik Blu-Tack Reusable Adhesive to have a secure seating. Outdoor units have fasteners to keep them in place for obvious reasons.

MaSh

Pramod, could you please post a pic of how your speakers are placed on the mount? Also do you think it will support a 6.5" width x 10.5" depth speaker?
I am sorry, I just noticed that your speakers don't have key holes in rear portion. if the speaker has no keyhole slot at the back or no threaded hole
the mount does not work

Back