Speaker package for Marantz SR6013

rahulmr

Hello All,

I have a lounge of size 11x10 and after years of dreaming for a home theatre setup I am planning to buy a receiver and speaker package .A few months back I started with the denon x1500 but then going through the specs and comparisons I decided to go for the new model of denon x2600 with the eARC and to be future proof.

My speaker package preference was Polk starting from the beginning .I visited profx and I liked the signature series . I wanted to go for the S60 series with S30 and S20 as Center and surround and HTS 12 as the sub.

But again after further analysis I could see that denon x2600 would be insufficient to power the s60 package .

I met one guy from OLX who sells most of the receivers with and without warranty . He advised me to go for Marantz 6013 as it has 9.2 support and is free from complaints compared to others and the rate which it was offered to me was 75k without warranty . The denon 2600H goes for 66K with warranty . But for any receivers in india we get only one year of warranty and if there can happen anything it could not happen within first one year .Also he recommended me to get the RtiA 7 series with CsiA4,S20 and DSW660wi though the surround S20 is from signature series .He is into business for around 8 years and he says RtiA7 is made of real wood and at any time he prefers it compared to signature .

I prefer watching movies and listening music so it’s a kind of 50-50 .

The total rate I get signature series with marantz 6013 is around 2.12 lakhs and the RtiA7 would be around 5-6k extra and would be around 2.18lakhs

Which can be a better package marantz with S60 or RTiA7 series ? Or there are better receivers for that price other than marantz ? Is that recommended to get without warranty ? If I need warranty I need to pay around 10k extra .

Can someone please help me out in choosing the package ?

I picked up a new Marantz 6013 from Chennai. The dealer did offer me 1 year of warranty but I felt I didn't need it. My setup is powering Taga's platinum floorstanders and bookshelf's in a 7.2.4 config with the extra 2 height channel being powered by a separate stereo amp.

I don't have a lot of experience with the polk's but other FM's can pitch in there.

Last edited:
Marantz 6013 is a good receiver. Rti a7/a5 would be good match. Surrounds is fxi4 should be good. Haven't heard the s20.

Marantz 6013 is a good receiver. Rti a7/a5 would be good match. Surrounds is fxi4 should be good. Haven't heard the s20.
S20 is from signature series and rti surrounds being larger I was going for the surround s20 from signature series .
What’s your suggestion about the marantz without warranty ?

Difference is not much with warranty. If you have a controlled power then you can think without warranty.

If you are confident about stable power without much fluctuations in your locality you can go ahead without warranty, I too am of the opinion that nothing happens within one year if you are careful and use voltage stabilizer plus Belkin power strip. Also, be careful about STB connection to your receiver as sometimes lightening can damage the receiver. I too have Marantz sr5013 (without warranty) paired with Taga Platinum series and I'm happy with it. All the best.

If you are confident about stable power without much fluctuations in your locality you can go ahead without warranty, I too am of the opinion that nothing happens within one year if you are careful and use voltage stabilizer plus Belkin power strip. Also, be careful about STB connection to your receiver as sometimes lightening can damage the receiver. I too have Marantz sr5013 (without warranty) paired with Taga Platinum series and I'm happy with it. All the best.
Thanks for the reply . Is 6013 worth that 75k price ? Voltage stabiliser can manage the voltage fluctuations to an extent I believe . I don’t think I have voltage fluctuations at my place

Hi there!
10k is nothing for the warranty as mine (SR5008) was blown off after 4months that too in the winter(they are hot running infact)
Rti's are very good match for the marantz.

Thanks for the reply . Is 6013 worth that 75k price ? Voltage stabiliser can manage the voltage fluctuations to an extent I believe . I don’t think I have voltage fluctuations at my place
I believe it is a tad high. Bargain hard, since new models are in the market, these prices should have come down.

I believe it is a tad high. Bargain hard, since new models are in the market, these prices should have come down.
I am from coimbatore. If I can this with a bigger margin of more than 5k I can consider buying from somewhere else . But I don’t know how to get the contact details of those guys . I checked in OLX but didn’t get anything worth calling

MZ audio, Bombay are the original distributor back then(I don't know now)
They serviced it. pick up and delivery was born by them( it was 2000 one way)
They are still into business & doing Marantz.
By the way I too got the new Marantz NR1710 with future ready eARC. Paired with my eARC /HDMI 2.1
LG 55SM9000 TV.
Any suggestions for matching speakers for 7.1 setup for a 15 ×12 room with ceiling height 8 feet.

It is not worth to buy in the grey market. The boards are complex items and are susceptible to voltage issues. Servicing grey market items is difficult. 75K is basically the price without GST. Not worth it IMHO.

For Marantz, MZ pricing is extremely good and Ashraf, the owner is a decent guy.
I have bought my SR6013 from him at a great price.
If you want I can PM you his contact details

Some service Centers are reluctant to service grey market or imported avrs. First get it confirm with local service center then process for purchase.

Hello All,

I have a lounge of size 11x10 and after years of dreaming for a home theatre setup I am planning to buy a receiver and speaker package .A few months back I started with the denon x1500 but then going through the specs and comparisons I decided to go for the new model of denon x2600 with the eARC and to be future proof.

My speaker package preference was Polk starting from the beginning .I visited profx and I liked the signature series . I wanted to go for the S60 series with S30 and S20 as Center and surround and HTS 12 as the sub.

But again after further analysis I could see that denon x2600 would be insufficient to power the s60 package .

I met one guy from OLX who sells most of the receivers with and without warranty . He advised me to go for Marantz 6013 as it has 9.2 support and is free from complaints compared to others and the rate which it was offered to me was 75k without warranty . The denon 2600H goes for 66K with warranty . But for any receivers in india we get only one year of warranty and if there can happen anything it could not happen within first one year .Also he recommended me to get the RtiA 7 series with CsiA4,S20 and DSW660wi though the surround S20 is from signature series .He is into business for around 8 years and he says RtiA7 is made of real wood and at any time he prefers it compared to signature .

I prefer watching movies and listening music so it’s a kind of 50-50 .

The total rate I get signature series with marantz 6013 is around 2.12 lakhs and the RtiA7 would be around 5-6k extra and would be around 2.18lakhs

Which can be a better package marantz with S60 or RTiA7 series ? Or there are better receivers for that price other than marantz ? Is that recommended to get without warranty ? If I need warranty I need to pay around 10k extra .

Can someone please help me out in choosing the package ?
I had similar set up year ago. polk rti a7 series with dsw660i sub. The sound was good but not at satisfactory. There was always some thing missing in sound signature.
Your choice avr 6013 is excellent. But try to avoid polk with this.U will find speakers are restricted to certain frequencies not very open.
Go for dali, fyne audio or Monitor audio that would be better.
Always avail warranty for electronics.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back