Speaker quick Disconnect Options?

bhvm

Dear all,
My SUV runs with 2x 4-Channel Amp setup (effective 8 speakers of various kind) currently.
There are times when I don't need so many speakers so I have to disconnect a few to make room for luggage etc. This is very tedious and often frustrating in a hurry.

I would like to know what type of Quick disconnect terminals you're using?

They Should-
1)Maintain the sound quality.
2)Carry about 80W RMS per speaker
3)Do not short circuit/ Shock or touch any metal when Disconnected/open
4)Should be easy for laymen to use and does not require any tools.
5)Should not look like normal connectors where fools may try to plug their Phones/Toys or stuff.

One of the woofers-
http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/50917-jbl-cs1215-subwoofer-honest-review-car-home-audio.html

I use a press-fit kind of a plastic connector for my subwoofer placed in the boot connected to a 2 channel JBL amp which is placed below the passenger seat in the front. Its a simple quick disconnect which I use it when I need to load lots of things in the boot. You can get this from any auto installer.

Press fit? I don't get it.
pics or links would help. also I would prefer common and easily available standards over pro stuff.

XT 60 is looking good. Sturdy and also reasonably priced.

I was also thinking along the lines of HDD style Molex Connector. Any ideas if it could work?

Thanks.

XT 60 is looking good. Sturdy and also reasonably priced.

I was also thinking along the lines of HDD style Molex Connector. Any ideas if it could work?

Thanks.

If you can get a wire to wire male and female connector, Molex would suffice. Having said that Xt60 is more sturdy compared to molex (which has the pins loosely attached to the enclosure via a locking pin).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back