Speaker Recommendations for Zone 2 (Bedroom)

tanmayj

Good Morning Folks!

I'm thinking of putting up a Zone 2 set of speakers for my bedroom. I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR 616 to power the main zone, and that has a couple of outputs for Zone 2. However the second Sub preout cannot be used for Zone 2:( The bedroom is quite small @ 10' x 10'. Therefore I want speakers which are powerful and great sounding without being bulky! The emphasis here is on great sound in a minimal footprint!

I had heard Jamo S35 some time ago, and thought they were great - sleek and sweet! Jamo : 360 Series : S-35 That should give you an idea of what I'm looking for. The other one I'm considering (please don't string me up for mentioning this out here) is Bose https://www.boseindia.com/product/acoustimass-5-series-iii-stereo-speaker-system/
Even the subwoofer, I'd like it to be as compact as possible. Certainly no larger than 8 Inch. Also, if there are Subs available in flatter dimensions (like Bose's accoustimass module) rather than the regular square subs, that'd be better because I'm gonna have to keep it flush against a wall.

If y'all have come across any more such speakers, please let me know.

Secondly, since the 2nd Sub cannot connect directly to the Amp, I'm assuming I'll have to run the Zone 2 speaker cabling to the Sub and then to the speakers. In this case, will the Sub 'color' the sound? That is, can I expect the same fidelity that my Onkyo produces, or will there be some influence of the Sub on the way the music sounds from the speakers?

Good Morning Folks!

I'm thinking of putting up a Zone 2 set of speakers for my bedroom. I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR 616 to power the main zone, and that has a couple of outputs for Zone 2. However the second Sub preout cannot be used for Zone 2:( The bedroom is quite small @ 10' x 10'. Therefore I want speakers which are powerful and great sounding without being bulky! The emphasis here is on great sound in a minimal footprint!

I had heard Jamo S35 some time ago, and thought they were great - sleek and sweet! Jamo : 360 Series : S-35 That should give you an idea of what I'm looking for. The other one I'm considering (please don't string me up for mentioning this out here) is Bose https://www.boseindia.com/product/acoustimass-5-series-iii-stereo-speaker-system/
Even the subwoofer, I'd like it to be as compact as possible. Certainly no larger than 8 Inch. Also, if there are Subs available in flatter dimensions (like Bose's accoustimass module) rather than the regular square subs, that'd be better because I'm gonna have to keep it flush against a wall.

If y'all have come across any more such speakers, please let me know.

Secondly, since the 2nd Sub cannot connect directly to the Amp, I'm assuming I'll have to run the Zone 2 speaker cabling to the Sub and then to the speakers. In this case, will the Sub 'color' the sound? That is, can I expect the same fidelity that my Onkyo produces, or will there be some influence of the Sub on the way the music sounds from the speakers?

So you are looking for a sat + Sub system....I think you like Bose which suits your requirements more.....

Your assumption of connecting the connecting the speaker inputs to sub-woofer & then to speaker is correct....I don't think it would really colour the sound...

Do you need a sub for a small room.... a good BS speaker (Front ported) can work for you if you don't need a sub...

Well I don't really like Bose as such but they seem to make really compact speakers. I'd rather not go for larger BS because I want to wall mount my speakers and big chunky BS on walls look ugly. I'd rather go in for tiny spks + sub

Well I don't really like Bose as such but they seem to make really compact speakers. I'd rather not go for larger BS because I want to wall mount my speakers and big chunky BS on walls look ugly. I'd rather go in for tiny spks + sub

hmm understand.... how abt a BS with 4 inch drivers? good enough

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back