Speaker repair/service in bangalore

mahaaprasaad

Dear friends,

I could observe that, I am getting the sound only from the woofers but not from the midrange and tweeters of vintage Technics SB 2070 setup. BTW, since the woofer is covering little wide range of frequencies, there is not much loss in the sound. But, still I can make out, I am missing the finer sounds of strings and metals to great extent.

Surprisingly, the problem is with both the speakers. I could not able to make it out whether the problem is with Speakers, connectors or the crossovers.

Can anybody suggest me good place in Bangalore to get it checked and restored? or any DIY expert of the forum help me?

Technics-SB-2070.jpg

Try Lizzner Electronics Philip 22269360-he's my go to guy.

I Second George, Philip has abundant knowledge Since he not only repairs the Stuff but Still teaching Students about Electronics.

He charges below expectation too :) for the service he does.

Just call him over the Landline and book an appointment:)

Dear friends,

I could observe that, I am getting the sound only from the woofers but not from the midrange and tweeters of vintage Technics SB 2070 setup.

Technics-SB-2070.jpg

Are you sure there is no sound coming from the mid and tweeters.
Surprisingly, the problem is with both the speakers.

you mean both the channels L & R or only with one channel.

any DIY expert of the forum help me?

DIY method will be to do the following,if you are good in the job.

1. If one channel then check the speaker individually (tweeter and mid) with
a torch battery if you are getting some scratchy noise if yes then drivers are
ok.
2. check the condensor in the xover or better replacing with same values in the tweeter/mid section.
3. finally above all better check with another amp then follow the 1st and 2nd points.
4.if the other channel is fine then i suspect the xover to be at fault,or some wiring issue.

thanks
rajesh

Thank you Rajesh.

The problem experienced with both the channels.

I have opened once the boxes and checked for if any loose connections or disconnection of soldering. Nothing was like that. Everything is intact.

I am not expert in electronics, so I don't risk working with crossovers or checking the speakers with Torch Batteries.

The best thing I can do now to swap the Amp and check. Now the system is connected to Yamaha vintage amp. I will check the same with another Vintage amp pioneer SA8500 in my another setup, If the results are same, then I will approach Philip for the rest of the things.

In know that place at Vasanthnagar and interacted with him long back.

Thanks for the inputs.

Thank you Rajesh.

The problem experienced with both the channels.

I have opened once the boxes and checked for if any loose connections or disconnection of soldering. Nothing was like that. Everything is intact.

I am not expert in electronics, so I don't risk working with crossovers or checking the speakers with Torch Batteries.

The best thing I can do now to swap the Amp and check. Now the system is connected to Yamaha vintage amp. I will check the same with another Vintage amp pioneer SA8500 in my another setup, If the results are same, then I will approach Philip for the rest of the things.

In know that place at Vasanthnagar and interacted with him long back.

Thanks for the inputs.

If both the channels not working (mid and tweeter) then the problem has
to be with xover or amp,i doubt drivers are at fault.

since you are nob in electronics better get it checked with qualified person.

let me know the results after servicing.

thanks
rajesh.

Or it may be biwirable and you have connected only the woofer. A photograph of the rear will help to determine if it has 2 or 4 banana plug sockets.

Checked the manual of your speaker. It is not biwirable as I previously thought but has speaker protection circuitry for mid range and tweeter. You will have to push a button to release the tripped speaker protection circuit then run on amp at low volume. Possibly that will solve the problem and no repair to the circuit may be required. This is the manual.

TECHNICS SB-2070 Manual (Page 3 of 4)

A friend of mine needs someone to redo his JBL towers. Is Lizzner Electronics Philip 22269360, still the man? Any other options in Bangalore?

A friend of mine needs someone to redo his JBL towers. Is Lizzner Electronics Philip 22269360, still the man? Any other options in Bangalore?

I visited their place and had discussions with Mr. Philip. He is assured to look into the speaker problems and sort it out. However, I could not able take the speakers to him since long time due to busy schedule.

He is very knowledgeable person with regard to radio electronics. He is conducting training classes for radio electronics, and do not take repair works as profession. But he will definitely help if needed.

I visited their place and had discussions with Mr. Philip. He is assured to look into the speaker problems and sort it out. However, I could not able take the speakers to him since long time due to busy schedule.

He is very knowledgeable person with regard to radio electronics. He is conducting training classes for radio electronics, and do not take repair works as profession. But he will definitely help if needed.

Oh Alright. Thank You so much. Shall ask my friend to give him a call and see what he suggests. Basically new drivers are needed for the JBL towers. If he can help him source the drivers, that should do it.

MaSh

BTW, Lizzner Electronics is just opposite of Kodava Samaja building, Vasantha nagar, near to contentment railway station.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back