Speaker Selection for AV receiver

balu_nv

Good Day all
I am looking for an advice. I have been using Home theatre setup with below combination. Just got a doubt whether it’s a right combination? Please share your thoughts

AV receiver : Marantz NR1603
Speakers:
Towers : Wharfedale Diamond 9.5
Center: Wharfedale Diamond 10. C
Surrounds : Wharfedale 10. DFS

Hi, are u finding anything amiss. The combo seems to be fine. Though the NR series claim less power they are quite capable.

If you can explain in detail experts can suggest tweaks that can improve the SQ.

Hello,
I don't find any problem with your combination. Only that you are missing a subwoofer...or are you using one?

Thank you Gautam and Sijusid for your reply .
Currently I am not using sub woofer but planning to add Wharfedale 10d . From quality perspective I am not experiencing any degradation in quality .My usage is 60% music and 40% movies.
My only concern is because of low power will it cause any damage to AVR ?

Unless you listen on very high volume and you have very large room, there shouldn't be any problem.
NR being a 5.1 avr is rated conservatively.
Low frequency requires maximum power requirement, so if you add a subwoofer and do bass management, then that should further reduce any doubt you should have...

Wharfedale d10 sub will work excellent for your music.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back