Speaker selection for HT Incremental Build

gsanjay

Hi Folks,
I got a Yamaha 673 AV Receiver (US version). Now i need your help for building my HT incrementally. I plan to go Front Speakers, Centre, Sub and then Surround in phases (when budge permits ;-)).
1) Whats the voltage converter i should use for my AV Receiver?
2) I have shortlisted following BS speakers, to start with. This can be either used for Surround or left right speakers, when i get dough to get FS Speakers.
My Options are :-
Sony SS B-3000
Sony SS B-1000
Yamaha NS-6490
JBL-ES20
JBL Studio 130
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR.

Pleave provide your opinions on above speakers.
I appreciate all your help.

Hi Folks,
I got a Yamaha 673 AV Receiver (US version). Now i need your help for building my HT incrementally. I plan to go Front Speakers, Centre, Sub and then Surround in phases (when budge permits ;-)).
1) Whats the voltage converter i should use for my AV Receiver?
2) I have shortlisted following BS speakers, to start with. This can be either used for Surround or left right speakers, when i get dough to get FS Speakers.
My Options are :-
Sony SS B-3000
Sony SS B-1000
Yamaha NS-6490
JBL-ES20
JBL Studio 130
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR.

Pleave provide your opinions on above speakers.
I appreciate all your help.

Can you help us telling what is your budget ? Are you open to other brands ? Your listening area ?

If you are not planning to use this setup for 2 channel stereo, I would recommend not going for a FS for L-R and use the money saved to invest in good center channel and a good sub-woofer.

-John.

Listening area is 20X12
Usage would be mix of movies and music.
Budget is limited as i blew it on Yamaha RX673. I found above mentioned speakers to be with good review and falling within budget of 200$ ie 10,000/- per pair. But i am open to stretch my budget some more and if i get a good speaker pair, then i can postpone buying centre channel speaker as well.

And yes, thanks for taking time respond. I appreciate it.

If you have invested heavily in such a fantastic amp, don't buy something that won't do justice to it. Very soon you will end up replacing these otherwise.
Try some ready packages like the Jbl scs 200.5 or the Boston acoustics sound ware package and then decide. They are both around 20 k but worth trying in your set up

In addition to the speaker brands mentioned by prosenjit, you could also think of Polk Audio, Boston Acoustics, Energytake Classic, and Paradigm CTS.

please leave sony out!!! and go with other speaker names as other forum members have suggested. SONY is great for.........................making tv's!!!

Any opinion about Jamo S 426 HCS 3. 5.0 package is available for 28K with Cinebels in Blr whereas 5.1 package is available for 47,700/-. Though i could not audition it and hence can't comment on the quality.
Had a chance to listen to Yamaha NS-P380 5.1 package. It sounded goo and its available for 22K, but looks wise its putting me off (its grey coloured).

it would not be a wise idea to choose 5.1 30k set speakers as your avr is 673...
by thumb rule if a 673 is 55k....
your centre,and fronts should be at least 35k-40k only...
like say for example
Wharfedale Diamond 121 Bookshelf Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 102C Centre Channel Speaker

just example...

sub price is very vast...12k..astonia to 70k--svs or higher is range...thats personal choice to go for which one...

so choose acordingly.get a center and fronts for now...get sub later..get rear more later...we can easily live without rear..

it would not be a wise idea to choose 5.1 30k set speakers as your avr is 673...
by thumb rule if a 673 is 55k....
your centre,and fronts should be at least 35k-40k only...
like say for example
Wharfedale Diamond 121 Bookshelf Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 102C Centre Channel Speaker

just example...

sub price is very vast...12k..astonia to 70k--svs or higher is range...thats personal choice to go for which one...

so choose acordingly.get a center and fronts for now...get sub later..get rear more later...we can easily live without rear..

just one small diversion:
in LCR setup (3.0) ... for Fronts ... will surronds spkr like Boston Cube Satellite alongwith some good Centre from Boston, the same can be used as rear surrond once one upgrade later. whats your view

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back