Speaker suggestion for Yamaha RX-V 685

Beerculis

Hi Guys,

Kindly suggest me speakers that I would be pairing with Yamaha RX-V 685 with the following approximate budget:

1. Center Speaker- 30k
2. Front Bookshelf-30K
3. Subwoofer- 30k
Total- 90k+10K= 100k

Listening would be Movies 80% + Music 20%. I am not looking for speakers that could go too loud but rather preference is towards crystal clear sound. The system would be setup in a living room setup with approx. size of 14x8 feet, though the TV area is small. I'll be using my old Logitech Z906 speakers as surrounds for the moment and later on move the front bookshelf as surrounds and get new floorstanders as front speakers if I feel the sound lacking.

Auditioning is not possible at Ludhiana so suggest me something that I can not go wrong with and brands that can be easily serviced and repaired in and around Punjab. Inclination is towards Yamaha due to serviceability but local yamaha dealers were a pain to deal with. Couldnt even arrange a decent demo session for yamaha speakers and tried to sell me Monitor Audio speakers at exorbitant prices.

Also how better are all these popular brands like Wharfedale, Polk,Elac over Yamaha NS-333, NS-444

Thanks

Last edited:
Check q acoustics and Dali zensor series. It should fit your budget and sounds good for the price

Hi Guys,

Kindly suggest me speakers that I would be pairing with Yamaha RX-V 685 with the following approximate budget:

1. Center Speaker- 30k
2. Front Bookshelf-30K
3. Subwoofer- 30k
Total- 90k+10K= 100k

Listening would be Movies 80% + Music 20%. I am not looking for speakers that could go too loud but rather preference is towards crystal clear sound. The system would be setup in a living room setup with approx. size of 14x8 feet, though the TV area is small. I'll be using my old Logitech Z906 speakers as surrounds for the moment and later on move the front bookshelf as surrounds and get new floorstanders as front speakers if I feel the sound lacking.

Auditioning is not possible at Ludhiana so suggest me something that I can not go wrong with and brands that can be easily serviced and repaired in and around Punjab. Inclination is towards Yamaha due to serviceability but local yamaha dealers were a pain to deal with. Couldnt even arrange a decent demo session for yamaha speakers and tried to sell me Monitor Audio speakers at exorbitant prices.

Also how better are all these popular brands like Wharfedale, Polk,Elac over Yamaha NS-333, NS-444

Thanks

Polks RTiA Series or the S (Signature Series)....check for a ProFx dealer....audition with your favourite movie / music

THE SOUND ROCKS
The sound rocks
CHAWLA WATCH AND RADIO
Chawla Watch and Radio
Contact No:09915080055
WATTS CD PLAZA
Contact Person: Mr Sukhvir Singh
Contact No: 098140 64535
Email: [email protected]
MELODY HOUSE
Melody House, Chandigarh
Contact Person: Mr Paramdeep Singh
Contact No: +91 9814077170
Email: [email protected]
SIMPHONY
M/s Simphony, Chandigarh
Contact Person.:Mr Rajaniesh Gill
Contact No:9815326334
E-mail: [email protected]

I auditioned the Q Acoustics including the 3050i but found them a little bright for my taste. I am unable to get the demo for Polk, will try for another couple of days or else I’m planning to go with S50,S15,S30 and the 440WI subs all under 100k.

The Polk 440WI sub is pretty expensive in the overseas markets but how come profx is selling it for around 20k.Is this the same model ??
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-6kMAYK8CEty/p_107DSWP440/Polk-Audio-DSW-PRO-440wi.html

https://www.profx.com/dsw-pro-440-wi/

Checkout Sonodyne, will fit within your budget and you may like the clarity.

You may call toll-free no.: 1-800-123-37-36 to find nearest dealer.

Polk also bright speakers, consider Europe speakers for warm response

I suggest increasing the budget a little bit more 40+ for good quality sub.

I auditioned the Q Acoustics including the 3050i but found them a little bright for my taste.
Qacoustic speakers are not actually bright,but settings on avr, speaker wires used in demo can make the sound that way.Some dealors keep speaker level higher tha. "0" which can sound them bright.Also many times banana plugs are used with speaker wires which can change sound signature.Also some rooms uses speaker splitter/switches.Ideal Demo should be direct in path.

True. That is the reason I see no point in demo as there are so many varying factors and I don’t think I’ll get a demo with even something closer to an ideal setup around here.

Total- 90k+10K= 100k Listening would be Movies 80% + Music 20%.

The system would be setup in a living room setup with approx. size of 14x8 feet,

If you have the option to swap room dimensions, then 14ft wide room would be better as you can space speakers evenly from oneother.. 8ft is a lil too less IMO..

You may consider a 5.2.2 set-up, if you can swap the set-up to 14ft wide room..

Choose bookshelf for L/R, if possible repeat the same speaker for surrounds and heights as well to enjoy identical sound all around you..

If you can do dual subs, then that will help for good bass in the room..

Well I have finalised the Polk speakers S50,S15,S30 and the 440WI for about 94k. For AVR I’m getting Yamaha 685 for 52k but the dealer suggested me Denon 1600H for 51k. And now am confused about avr. What do you guys suggest denon or stick to Yamaha??

Since your usage is mostly leaning towards movies, go with the Denon. You can negotiate and get the 2500h for around 60k instead of paying 51k for the 1600h.

If you have the option to swap room dimensions, then 14ft wide room would be better as you can space speakers evenly from oneother.. 8ft is a lil too less IMO..

You may consider a 5.2.2 set-up, if you can swap the set-up to 14ft wide room..

Choose bookshelf for L/R, if possible repeat the same speaker for surrounds and heights as well to enjoy identical sound all around you..

If you can do dual subs, then that will help for good bass in the room..
I had my measurements wrong, size is actually 20x14 feet and the system will be set in the 14 feet side only. 8 feet is so small I don’t know what I was thinking lol. I am going for floorstanders as tv unit is not wide enough and placement will be a problem for bookshelves or ill have to eventually place them on floor.

I had my measurements wrong, size is actually 20x14 feet and the system will be set in the 14 feet side only. 8 feet is so small I don’t know what I was thinking lol. I am going for floorstanders as tv unit is not wide enough and placement will be a problem for bookshelves or ill have to eventually place them on floor.

Ok cool.. Then shouldn't be a problem..

Hi Guys,

Hi,

Last week, I purchased Yamaha 685 after reading and watching reviews of almost all AVR in the budged of INR 40 to 80k. I am from Goa and there are not many stores selling high end Home theaters leave alone opportunity to audition.

Decided on Yamaha based on Reviews and after interaction with audiophile friends and with dealer here who sells almost all brands.

Yamaha also has good after sales service compared to others.

As for speakers, Presently i have NSP350 for Center and front L/R- Price Rs 25000. Ordered Sub (NS SW 300) for Rs 30,000.

Planning to buy NS 333 for front L/R and then move NS 350 to surround.

Yamaha speakers are no less in quality compared to others. they kick high above their weight....

Guys I’ve finalised the Polk speakers with 2600h.
I am going with following cables

Monoprice 6ft 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - Black

Monoprice 109436 Closed Screw Type Copper Speaker Banana Plugs

AmazonBasics 12-Gauge Speaker Wire - 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper - 100 Feet

DHIVIS Ultra HDMI 2.1– 2 Meters, Speed 48Gbps- 4K (4096 x 2160) 120hz

will these be ok for the setup, don’t want anything too expensive. Also If am not wrong will I be able to bi wire the S50s using the back surround channels of the Denon 2600H??

Guys I’ve finalised the Polk speakers with 2600h.
I am going with following cables

Monoprice 6ft 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - Black

Monoprice 109436 Closed Screw Type Copper Speaker Banana Plugs

AmazonBasics 12-Gauge Speaker Wire - 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper - 100 Feet

DHIVIS Ultra HDMI 2.1– 2 Meters, Speed 48Gbps- 4K (4096 x 2160) 120hz

will these be ok for the setup, don’t want anything too expensive. Also If am not wrong will I be able to bi wire the S50s using the back surround channels of the Denon 2600H??

No need for 12guage speaker wire...14guage is more than enough (buy 2 x 50ft). But do estimate the total length required.

I wouldn't get the monoprice banana plug. I had similar one and the wire tends to come out of the plug, if we accidently pulled the wire as the speaker wire is not screwed to the plug. Currently, i am using nakamichi and have no issues.

Other 2 looks okay for start. What is your purpose for rca wire?

And yes... congratulations on your purchase....enjoy...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back