Speaker suggestions.

aeroash

Good people of HFV, I've moved my TV into a smaller room, (11' x 11'), and would like to have a 2.1 system for movies as well as music.

My budget is 150k, for mains and a sub, combined. They'll be powered with either a SMSL A300, Sabaj A20a, or A30a.

The Amphion Helium 410 ticked all the boxes. I enquired, but the place selling it doesn't seem to want to make the sale happen.

What speaker, sub combos do you folks suggest? Would prefer a sealed sub, if possible.

I’m not sure what boxes you’ve ticked , but in a 11 by 11 room the KEF LS50 Meta (passive ) will sound really good without any subs.
I’ve heard them in a similar dimension room (albeit well treated ) powered by some midrange Denon AVR (!! ) and it sounded damn good even on that.

I’m not sure what boxes you’ve ticked , but in a 11 by 11 room the KEF LS50 Meta (passive ) will sound really good without any subs.
I’ve heard them in a similar dimension room (albeit well treated ) powered by some midrange Denon AVR (!! ) and it sounded damn good even on that.
Hope this helps though is the earlier version of LS50

I wanted to get this but the amp I built was not enough to drive them (8Wpc tube) and room is huge (10.5m x 4.5m)

No speakers can be recommended to be driven by cheap, Chinese class D amps. This is sacrilegious! 😝
Klipsch bookshelves such as RP-600? Being high efficiency should sound good at low volumes. At least my Heresy IIIs are quite good at very low volumes when listening late night (when family is Zzzzzzz)

Klipsch bookshelves such as RP-600? Being high efficiency should sound good at low volumes. At least my Heresy IIIs are quite good at very low volumes when listening late night (when family is Zzzzzzz)
I'm looking for something compact, in the size of a Quad S2, perhaps. But, the ribbon tweeter is not for me. I'm concerned with just the highs and the mids, as the lows would be taken care of with a sub.

If you are looking for something small like a S2 - you can try - Concept 30s (not really small as these are very deep) , if you haven't yet bought an Amp - you can look at the genelec G2/G3.

If you are looking for something small like a S2 - you can try - Concept 30s (not really small as these are very deep) , if you haven't yet bought an Amp - you can look at the genelec G2/G3.
The Concept 30s look nice. Having owned the QAs previously, I’m not too keen on them. I find them “too polite” for my liking.

The Genelecs might not go well with the decor. Unfortunately, I’ll have to do the balancing act between good sound and aesthetics.

I don't mind the look of most Home Audio gear. but, the Genelec look could be more suited for studio use.
Yeah. Whatever be their other attributes, gorgeous isn’t certainly one of them , to put it mildly. :D

The KEF R3 , or the Metas, especially the white ones , are drop dead gorgeous I feel. KEFs have got that modern minimalist look just right.

Are there any Amphion users in the forum? Years ago, when I first thought of a hifi system, it happened by chance entering an Amphion demo room (at Raghuvanshi mill compound Mumbai… don’t know if it still exists there). And I was blown away by their tower speakers (don’t recollect the model, but it was priced at 3.25 lacs some 10 years ago!). Listening to it made me curious about hifi. I’ve often wondered why this brand isn’t discussed much here! Probably they don’t sell much in India?

Sorry for not adding any reply to your query, @aeroash. But your post made me recollect that unplanned audition long ago!

Are there any Amphion users in the forum? Years ago, when I first thought of a hifi system, it happened by chance entering an Amphion demo room (at Raghuvanshi mill compound Mumbai… don’t know if it still exists there). And I was blown away by their tower speakers (don’t recollect the model, but it was priced at 3.25 lacs some 10 years ago!). Listening to it made me curious about hifi. I’ve often wondered why this brand isn’t discussed much here! Probably they don’t sell much in India?

Sorry for not adding any reply to your query, @aeroash. But your post made me recollect that unplanned audition long ago!
Here's a thread I came across whilst scavenging. https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...100b-amphion-helium-410-speakers.48644/page-3

This thread is a mix of listening impressions, egos, sarcasm, getting banned, and deleted threads. As the thread topic rightly states, it's a TEA PARTY!

Thanks for joining the conversation @sachinchavan 15865

Curious to know,
Have any respectable female speaker designer in audio world ..?
Look at the number of female members on this forum, or forums in general, and hazard a guess 😅
The Concept 30s look nice. Having owned the QAs previously, I’m not too keen on them. I find them “too polite” for my liking.
Here's an unpopular opinion if you care for one - check out Paradigm, Definitive Technology and PSB, especially the Definitive Technology D11. The abovesaid brands are known to give a well rounded performance across the board rather than catering to any particular niche. And my experience with the PSB Alpha P5 has thoroughly reaffirmed this belief.
The Genelecs might not go well with the decor. Unfortunately, I’ll have to do the balancing act between good sound and aesthetics.
If aesthetics is high on your list, check out the Mission SX2 specifically and the ZX series in general. With my experience with the brand, i would wager they're half decent at the very least.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back